Writer for Hire

This forum is for the discussion of scripts and storyboards. Post your hints, tips or requests here.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

chrisgreen
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Writer for Hire

Post by chrisgreen »

Something somone said to me has made me tihng of somthing, why not write for other film makers? So, here ya go. if any film makers want a script written for them, then just ask and i see what i can do. And as i only starting out, i do it for free(or mimimal charge, depending on length), see how generous i am. The only thing i ask is recognition in the credits. If you want an example of one of me scripts go to http://www.matthawkins.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4865 and you'll see the first full (short) script i have written.

(edit for legal and sanity reasons...)
Last edited by chrisgreen on Sat Aug 07, 2004 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
BigOrangeDog25

Im interested.

Post by BigOrangeDog25 »

I have been wanting to make a film that I did not write. I think it would be a good challenge for me as a film maker to direct a script that i did not write.
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

To be honist I am always leary of useing somthing that somebody ealse wrote, simple because I am a total control freek, and such, but I'm sure there are people out there who will need things written for them. At most all i would have another writer do is edit, or possably write the same thing I did with basic info and see what ideas they come up with.
chrisgreen
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by chrisgreen »

Yeah, i am like that, if i get a "vision" of i want somthing to be like i have to keep going to i get exactly what i wanted. It is a bit annoying.
Mushiman

Post by Mushiman »

Good luck!
[url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/derkoi][img]http://card.mygamercard.net/gelsig/black/derkoi.png[/img][/url]
chrisgreen
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by chrisgreen »

I'll need it
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

To be honist I am always leary of useing somthing that somebody ealse wrote, simple because I am a total control freek, and such, but I'm sure there are people out there who will need things written for them.
I'm just like you! Althougth it's also sucking the fun out of filmmaking to me, sure it's great to do somebody elses film once in a while, but it's a lot easier and more fun to produce one you can write yourself, as long as you know you can write half deccent..
Sigs suck a**.
chrisgreen
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by chrisgreen »

yeah, some people just cant be bothered to write scripts, or if they do the dialouge is really really bad. I suppose it depends what type of film maker you are as well, some times it can be quite cool to have somone send you a script that they have written for you, then you can be an nob and really give the writer hell. but i suppose that depends on whether you get a buzz from being bitchy.
iva

Post by iva »

Id be intersted in what you can ofer for a 10 minute short film script.
pan-modo_pictures
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by pan-modo_pictures »

I tend to write my own stuff since I can write it for the budget I want, which is basically nothing. If I had larger budgets then I could possibly due other fiilms that have more complex effects, large cast, etc. Right now I am limited to almost everything.
bad_karma24

Post by bad_karma24 »

You don't have to stick with what they wrote 100%. And very rarely will a director direct what he wrote.
chrisgreen
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by chrisgreen »

iva wrote:Id be intersted in what you can ofer for a 10 minute short film script.
Ok, that sounds cool. Alough, you might have to be put into a que now, since i posted my script on here i have had 2 other requests
Mr.EditorMan

Post by Mr.EditorMan »

Its just another Challenge for the someone to direct a movie that someone else wrote and make it come to life the way the writer dreamed.
xbreaka420

Post by xbreaka420 »

hey chris talk to me on aim my sn is xbreaka420, im kinda in desperate need for some help with a script,
chrisgreen
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by chrisgreen »

I don't have AIM, lol only Msn and yahoo (if i can get it to work)
Strezlawton3

Interested

Post by Strezlawton3 »

I am interested in working with someones short script. I was looking for a short scary movie, it doesn't matter what kind as long as the storys interesting. My budget is non-exsitent, but I might be able to throw you a few bucks. Let me check out your script, and get back to you.
chrisgreen
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by chrisgreen »

Ok, writing scripts may take a bit longer at a moment. I am currently starting me last year of a-levels and time is a bit short really.
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

pan-modo_pictures wrote:I tend to write my own stuff since I can write it for the budget I want, which is basically nothing. If I had larger budgets then I could possibly due other fiilms that have more complex effects, large cast, etc. Right now I am limited to almost everything.
Yeah.. but well if hes gonna hire a writer, he should have enough for the production.
Sigs suck a**.
chrisgreen
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by chrisgreen »

You'd hope so, but sadly when u write amature u have to account for budget, i dont think u can get space rockets n s*** like that for amatures
chrisgreen
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by chrisgreen »

Bumps post - reminds everyone that im still alive