HELP WITH "PROFFESIONALY" EXPORTING

Video editing, format conversion, video file manipulation.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

DAZMAN
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

HELP WITH "PROFFESIONALY" EXPORTING

Post by DAZMAN »

Hi, my problem is this. I have been working on a selection of country and western music videos that have been edited and are waiting to be sent of to a distribution company for creation. All of which are sitting on my adobe premiere timeline. the footage comes to 1 hour in length.
the footage is in 16x9

I have created a dvd menue in encore.

Even though it is a pro distribution company the disks are only 4.7GB

So i am looking for some advice (please only answer if you have a deffinate understanding).

1--- What is the best way to export a time line from prem pro to encore with LEAST LOSS OF VISUAL quality without exceding 4GB .
2---i have been using music from CD's that have been proffesionally created and captured on to the time line. these tracks sound great on a cd player and even the speakers on my computer but when i crate a test DVD the sound sounds flat and dull on a tv compaired with lets say an advert.

please help, The first person to give me a coprehensive answer that works well, will get a mention on the dvd that has allready got 1000 pre orders. Thank you
www.x-21.tk
Clarence
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

RE: HELP WITH "PROFFESIONALY" EXPORTING

Post by Clarence »

Well, you could export your file in anamorphic, which would save space...but I don't know how, I don't use Premiere. For audio, try playing with the EQ settings, OR mix it in Pro Logic II. This is what advertisements are normally mixed in. It gives a surround sound effect on a stereo TV. You'd need an encoder to mix the soundtrack in this. One that I've heard of can be found here: http://www.minnetonkaaudio.com/. It's the first or second one on the products page, I think. They are expensive though.
pete1234

RE: HELP WITH "PROFFESIONALY" EXPORTING

Post by pete1234 »

The traditional way to do that is to export as an mpeg2.

Read about bit-budgeting when creating DVDs, apple ahve a program called compressor which compresses the video file to the largest size that will fit, allowing the betst quality possible. Im sure there is a PC equivilant.

Look up bit budgeting with premiere/encore, this will give you your answer.

Also, with the audio, check that the audio DOES NOT clip. Thats go above (or anywhere near) 0 decebels. music should peak around -18 decebels...
-Joe-

Post by -Joe- »

If you dont want to lose any quality I would export your adobe premiere project to a DV avi file. In the video render settings make sure that the "recompress" box is unchecked. As well as the audio. This will output the best quality of movie you can get, but of course the files size will probably be around 16Gb for an hour of video.

Next use encore to render the .avi file to the size needed. Click file>>Transcode>>Edit transcode presets. Use 2 pass VBR mpeg encoding to achieve the best video quality at the smallest video size. Put the "video quality" at maximum Then for audio use dolby digital and put the sample rate at 320kbps and you won't be able to notice any loss in sound quality.

You will have to adjust the bitrate of the VBR encoding. There are 3 sliders one for the minimum bitrate that it can fall to during simple scense with little motion, one for the target bitrate which most of the video will be encoded at and one for the maximum bitrate which the video will use when it hits any intense frames with lots of motion.

It will tell you about how much size each second of video will take up as you adjust the video and audio bitrate. I use encore 2.0, but the settings should be similar in older versions.

Also remember TV speakers arent usually very good quality compared to the computer speakers of a good media computer. I found that out with my new movie I made too!
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

Did you know DV captures footage compressed... it is tricky finding the best rendering outputs sometimes. Remember, true uncompressed is approximately 1 MegaByte per frame.
-Joe-

Post by -Joe- »

Yes I know DV is compressed, but I assumed he was editing with DV in the first place, therefore there would be very little if any loss in quality if he used the same compressor. It would be pointless to export a movie uncompressed if you were using DV footage in the first place.