Sony Vegas 6 help needed!

Video editing, format conversion, video file manipulation.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

gavinfinn

Sony Vegas 6 help needed!

Post by gavinfinn »

Hi

I have recenlty got hold of Sony Vegas 6 and after only a few hours playing with it I have to say it is so much better than Adobe premier which i have been using for the past few years!

There are a few things i cant work out though and you lot appear to be a clever bunch so im hoping you can help me!

1. in premiere there is a razor tool for cutting clips into seperate clips, in vegas i cant find a tool to do this, all i can do is scale the clip smaller from either end, is there a cutting tool?

2. i cant suss out the audio! in premier you can drag points on the audio track to make it fade in/out any where in the time line, in vegas all i seem to be able to do is change the volume :(

3. ive figured out how to make the video play in slowmo/fast forward, but the audio just stays the same, how do i make the audio play at the same speed as the video?

thats all i seem to be stuck with at the moment, any help will be greatly appreciated and im sure it will help others in my situation too :)
---MEATHEAD---
F.F.F.

RE: Sony Vegas 6 help needed!

Post by F.F.F. »

Hey bro.
Look, sorry to be the one to break it to you but, there is no razor tool.
Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Kentertainment »

1. You're tool is called the Splitting tool and it can be achieved by simpling having the little play line (on the timeline) at the frame you want and then press "S" to split it.

2. To fade, there are two ways. The quick way consists of bringing the mouse to the edge of a clip and you'll get a symbol that looks like a 90 degree angle connected by a curved line. Just click, hold, and drag and you'll get a blue line that represents the fade.

Option two is this. At the beginning of a track, where all your properties are, there is a symbol that looks like a sun...if you hover over it, it should say, "Automation Settings" click it and a scroll comes down, click "Show Automation Controls" and as you do this, the once opacity control now becomes opacity control through keyframes. You'll notice once you adjust the level you'll get a thick red line on your timeline...that is the opacity. Just work with it for a while...you'll get the hang. I usually use that for adjusting volume levels.

3. The way I do it is by cutting the video and audio down to a 1 second clip. I then right click the audio track and go to properties and then to the area in the window that pops up that says "Time Stretch" where I then type the time from 1 seconds to 2 seconds (doubling time). Then I adjust the video to .500 so it matches.

All these things I had to experiment for the 3 years I've been running on the program now. But, like all editing programs, you've got to keep at it to know what you are doing.
gavinfinn

Post by gavinfinn »

thank you very much!!! i cant seem to get the sound slow mo workin tho O_o everything else works just fine though, kentertainment u r a legend :)
---MEATHEAD---
Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Kentertainment »

I wouldn't necessarily call myself a legend, but you are welcome. The slo-mo stuff is really tricky in Vegas for some reason, mainly just getting your audio track to match your visual, but with practice you'll get use to it.