Orkney Movie Group Website

A general forum for all messages that don't quite fit into the other forums.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

DarkElastic
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Orkney Movie Group Website

Post by DarkElastic »

Finally, after an age of wanting one, I have finally made one for the group. I have tried to keep it simple, and I think it has everything we need. Please take a look and tell me what you think. Thank you.

www.orkneymoviegroup.co.uk
O. M. G.

Orkney Movie Group
DarkElastic
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

RE: Orkney Movie Group Website

Post by DarkElastic »

Do I take it from the non response that it is fine?

I would like people's opinions, especially on the site contents and Trailers.

Thanks
O. M. G.

Orkney Movie Group
Skanza

Post by Skanza »

The Link hasn't been working. Atleast not for me.
DarkElastic
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by DarkElastic »

Try typing in www.orkneymoviegroup.co.uk in your address window at the top of your web page. See if it works then. Thanks.
O. M. G.

Orkney Movie Group
rep22
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by rep22 »

You know what? I like this. It's very organized, clean, and it supplies the viewer with the appropriate information. The format, however somewhat basic, is user-friendly allowing easy navigation.

One pull, is the various shades of grey. Perhaps you could try adding a little more color, or small images, just to liven up the page and attract more attention.

Another thing, it's nice that you have the "News" section, with your group's updates, but eventually you will run out of space, and end up distorting your page, right? If you'd like to keep the format of the page the same as all of the others, you could easily drop an Iframe in there, and the page format would stay the same.

I also noticed you used a little CSS in there. You could also use it to customize the links, and the scrollbar, just to fancy it up a bit. That link I supplied you with has the information on the scrollbar, as well.

Overall, good job. I like it. If you look into these ideas, and don't care for it, that's cool, you do what you want. Good luck!
DarkElastic
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by DarkElastic »

Thank you. I have not thought that far ahead, but it would probably be a good idea. I will also probably archive news and have links to them on the News page.
O. M. G.

Orkney Movie Group
DarkElastic
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by DarkElastic »

Happy New Year everyone. I hope you all had a good Christmas.
Myself and two other members of OMG filmed a wedding for someone on the 28th December. I left home at 11:30am and got home at 11:00pm. Nice.
O. M. G.

Orkney Movie Group
youngfilmmaker
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by youngfilmmaker »

I like the site. THe intro is awesome. Pretty clean. Keep up the good work.
www.freewebs.com/skyrocketstudios

The majority of Americans - the ones who never elected you - are not fooled by your weapons of mass distraction.
-Michael Moore
Jperson
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Jperson »

Yeah - I would say it is nice and basic, but just one or two things. I think you need to add a tiny bit og user/page interaction. Like rollovers. But just the simple text rollover (change style or colour or whatever) so when moves their mouse over a link the link changes colour. Otherwise good. Good.
[url=http://tinite.com][img]http://onstoryline.com/Atinitefilmsstrip.gif[/img][/url]
DarkElastic
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by DarkElastic »

Jperson wrote:Yeah - I would say it is nice and basic, but just one or two things. I think you need to add a tiny bit og user/page interaction. Like rollovers. But just the simple text rollover (change style or colour or whatever) so when moves their mouse over a link the link changes colour. Otherwise good. Good.
Done. Thanks for the advice.
O. M. G.

Orkney Movie Group
Jperson
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Jperson »

The text rollover thing is good. But some of the image rollovers aren't great. Specially the one on the home page. The text moves all over the place (in the image). I think u need to deal with that.
[url=http://tinite.com][img]http://onstoryline.com/Atinitefilmsstrip.gif[/img][/url]
DarkElastic
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

OMG Website

Post by DarkElastic »

Jperson wrote:The text rollover thing is good. But some of the image rollovers aren't great. Specially the one on the home page. The text moves all over the place (in the image). I think u need to deal with that.
I do not know what you are refering to, as none of my images have rollovers on them. The one on the homepage just has a link, but no rollover.
O. M. G.

Orkney Movie Group
Jperson
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

RE: OMG Website

Post by Jperson »

Oh sorry, it is text. Right, the text on mouse over at the homepage looks unpro beacuse the text line jumps when you move your mouse over it. You need to fix that. The same thing happens in other places, the text skips around.
DarkElastic
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by DarkElastic »

Hopefully the text should now be in the same place. If it isn't then I don't know what needs changing?

O. M. G.

Orkney Movie Group
Jperson
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Jperson »

Ok...Right let's go through this.

You've tried to do waht i said. You've added interactivity. Good work!

But you have text onmouseover changes or whatever, a:hover, actualy. But this doesn't work if it isn't a link! You have lots of text, like the text on the homepage, with a change on mouse over, but it isn't a link! Watch out for this, because it frustrates the user, since it makes them think it is a link, when actually it isn't.

Maybe add a regularly changing blog, so people come back. Etc...
DEDFX
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by DEDFX »

Well he doesnt have 7 movies with an "uncomplete" writeen under them... heh jk...

Movie Production web sites shouldn't have a forum, I mean what's the point? An about section would be good for FAQ but unless your site is about video editing (matthawkins) then don't bother putting up a forum because sorry to say but not many people will enter it.
DarkElastic
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Re: RE: OMG Website

Post by DarkElastic »

DarkElastic wrote:Hopefully the text should now be in the same place. If it isn't then I don't know what needs changing?

Everything that changes the curser to a pointing hand is a link. I see nothing that is normal text changing to a hand and not having a link. If you know of any please inform me of their location. Thank you.
O. M. G.

Orkney Movie Group
Clarence
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

RE: Re: RE: OMG Website

Post by Clarence »

I think he means the color-changing text. Some of the text changes color when you put the mouse over it, and people expect that to be a link, even if there is no hand.
DarkElastic
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by DarkElastic »

Thanks Clarence, I get what he's saying, I just can't find any places that do that on the site without it actually being a link.
O. M. G.

Orkney Movie Group
Jperson
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Jperson »

The enter page's text changes when you move the mouse over it. Maybe this is just my browser, but you should try and make it compatible.
Clarence
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Clarence »

Okay, on every page of the website, the header changes color when you mouse-over it. On the news page, the date next to the article changes color with a mouse-over. On the projects page, the text "Project Name" and "Status" change colors when you mouse-over. This is on nearly every page...might just be my browser.
DarkElastic
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Re: RE: Re: RE: OMG Website

Post by DarkElastic »

Clarence wrote:Okay, on every page of the website, the header changes color when you mouse-over it. On the news page, the date next to the article changes color with a mouse-over. On the projects page, the text "Project Name" and "Status" change colors when you mouse-over. This is on nearly every page...might just be my browser.
I don't know. In Dreamweaver and on my home browser and work browser it is fine, just as I designed it where only links chnage colour - never the font.
O. M. G.

Orkney Movie Group