New Halo Marine Flick

A general forum for all messages that don't quite fit into the other forums.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

montezumas_revenge

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: New Halo Marine Flick

Post by montezumas_revenge »

i think he could pull this off, but for like alot of the aliens he might have do do stop motion combined with backround plates.

And the aliens shoot plasma, right? good luck pulling that off. Id be willing to help you with cg or something if you need it my aim is
e breakLn
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

The plasmas not the problem, visual effects could be rather simple. It's just the costumes and props that would be a problem. Also actors, please tell me your actors arn't a bunch of kids?
Sigs suck a**.
cantoloupe

Post by cantoloupe »

hey just a little tip, (taken from the beginning of the conversation) ...grunts are i think 5 or 6 feet tall, and Master Chief is more like 8 ft. (If you notice the cutscenes, he hold the assault rifle easily with one hand)

it doesn't seem like you'll need a master chief considering the story, but grunts will be about the same hight as a marine, and elites will be huge.
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

No a grunt is around half the size as a marine, and the elites taller.
Sigs suck a**.
2nd_Recon
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by 2nd_Recon »

Grunts are 3-4 feet tall, Jackals a little shorter than a man, Elietes are about 8" and hunters are 12"

Oh, and I'd call the Master Cheif (If he makes an apperence) about six inches taller than the marines
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

You don't need a parachute to go skydiving. You only need a parachute to go skydiving twice.
PapaMurf

Post by PapaMurf »

Wow, I didn't think my movie would start a huge debate. Thank you montezumas_revenge for the offer, you are on my buddy list, and I have started a Hell Jumpers suit. I am using my younger 4 yr old sister for a grunt and she is 4 ft tall. I will probably have like five or six more that are of different ranks and such to be played by other people, maybe kids cuz I don't know any small people. I am also working on tests for The Flood Carrier Forms and they are turning out pretty nice. I'll get pics up when I can.
Proud Founder of Naked Time Inc. A division of Strawberry Productions
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

Master chief is 7 or 8 feet tall, the marines are 5'10, 6'1 around the average hiehgt of a guy. I hope these pics don't turn out like cr**.. becuase like I said before, apperance is EVERYTHING in this film.

I've got 3 questions for you.

1) Whats your budget?
2) How much of the budget is going where?
3) What are you making the costumes out of?
Sigs suck a**.
mercenary123
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by mercenary123 »

NO NO NO, never go with legos!! Every1 would laugh at that.

But, anyway, I thought about making a movie just like Halo, but decided not to bcuz, I thought about making the suits look good and weapons looking good. But then again, I'm a #1 quitter so wutever.

If it feels good to you, do it, any1 says anything negative say "screw you"

If you like it, it's good. Just not to us, lol.
[img]http://f5.putfile.com/6/16618192897.jpg[/img]
got lazy on the siggy...
maj_barnes
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by maj_barnes »

If you were going to have grunts and such, I would suggest filming them in the game on a evenly colored background using FRAPS, then use Adobe and place then in your movie. You can use cheats so they won't attack you and you can film them in various actions. Also, if you want to use M-16 airsoft guns for the assault rifles, It will look wierd; I suggest the FN-P90, it looks the closest to it, but the magazines are feed from to different places in comparison (Assault rifle in a bullpup position, and P90 reloading from the top), but such issuses can be resolved by card board fakes of magazines placed in the back of the weapon. You can find P90 airsoft guns pretty cheap: http://search.ebay.com/p90-airsoft-gun_ ... 1QQfromZR8 . Armor for Marines can be done with just various plating opitions (stirofoam with some kind of cloth sewn over it and arranged in a body armor fashison).
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

Wow. Just wow. Putting grunts from the game into live footage would look even stupider then making a cheesy costume. And there are no cheats in halo. Custom make the guns out of some fiberglass, and build them around blank fireing guns is what I would suggest.

I'd like to say well you think creative, what you said just won't look good.
Sigs suck a**.
maj_barnes
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by maj_barnes »

Just trying to help by giving him a full range of opitions to use.
maj_barnes
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by maj_barnes »

Here's some video of the P90 in action:
FN-P90
montezumas_revenge

Post by montezumas_revenge »

you could also perhaps do this entire movie machinima(sp?) the red vs blue stuff used ti quite well.
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

Yeah. But thats already being done. A halo movie using the campagin mode that is.
Sigs suck a**.
BattleBuddy

Re: New Halo Marine Flick

Post by BattleBuddy »

[quote="PapaMurf"]I am currently in Pre Production of an Untitled Halo project. It is about a squad of marines who crash and must survive until help arrives. THINK BLACK HAWK DOWN.

How the hell are you gonna do a crash scene because the spaceships in Halo and Halo 2 look really high tech so it might be quite hard but you could do it on some computer software.

I also think you should get on with the movie because I am making a really cheap WW2 movie (Hardly any proper uniform) but I have always wanted to make a war movie so I am gettin on with it.Don't let ppl put u down.
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

RE: Re: New Halo Marine Flick

Post by I3lade203 »

Don't let us put you down, no. You can try, and if it looks like cr**, well pretend it never happend.
Sigs suck a**.