How Do You Fund Your Film???

A general forum for all messages that don't quite fit into the other forums.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

El Brenty

Post by El Brenty »

Yeah, and I bet the Macdonalds here didn't taste as good as over there either! I remember when I first went to Floirda, I was on a mission to try every fast food outlet, and see how they compared with us here:

1. Service was way way better!
2. Food was fart more tasty, although I attributed this to the fact that the ingredients were better, and there was loads more fat in the burgers!
3. You buy 1 soda, and you can just keep o refilling it until you burst! Here, you have to pay for each cup full!
Moderating behind the bushes!
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

true the beef does tast better, here in the land of fast food. But I would give a bunch of fastfood joints, for just a few localy owned pubs, like you guys have all over there. Because while the survice was not always the best, it had that great atmophere, a beer, that I could buy.
El Brenty

Post by El Brenty »

You could open an English style pub when you hit 21, and serve burgers!
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

Right, a use my horrable british acsent, and give every body a strange look when they ask for ice.
Ornsack

Post by Ornsack »

Less chance of getting mad cow disease over there ;) I love the Ponderosa's over in the US. BEST...FOOD...EVER...

I remember when Burger king did some kind of double meal deal in the UK for £2.22, and then my dad did a Burger King commercial for the US (ooh, fancy!) for the same offer, at $2.22. That's a fraction of the price we had it for when you convert pounds to dollars!
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loFABl-1Zcw]THE SALESMAN - YouTube[/url]
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

that's what go me over there numericly everything was the same, but since a pound is worth so much more, like $1.30, it think, us stupid, or at lest not careful americans were getting gouged.
Ornsack

Post by Ornsack »

Yeah I brought my Gameboy over in the US for about a 1/3rd of the price they are over here :D That made me very happy.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loFABl-1Zcw]THE SALESMAN - YouTube[/url]
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

I bet.
El Brenty

Post by El Brenty »

Yep, we have figured out the value of our currency precisely to rip off all the tourists!

That's why we won't join the Euro currency! We're British, not Europeans!
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

Exactly, I think that was an atitude that my forfathers had about 220 some odd years ago, exsept they weren't british.
2nd_Recon
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

2nd Recons Ultimate Guide to Getting Stuff Done

Post by 2nd_Recon »

Steal:o
Entice
Neat
Downsize

Let me explain...
Steal: I got Adobe Premeire, and I didn't spend a dime because I use Kazza. I know that they're cracking down on that stuff, but you don't have to worry as long as you don't get to much stuff.

Entice: If you're going to try and get the help of a local company, make a trailer that suits them. For instance, If you were going to talk to a paintball place, bring a video clip of the fight scene, and while they're all watching it, place a few 20s in front of them.

Neat: For the stunt scenes, try and do it as neatly and accuratly as posible. That way, you don't have to buy one use props (firecrackers, fake glass, drywall, actors, etc) over and over again.

Downsize: For all the expensive scenes, do that thing where you get 1 set price for the scene and make sure it's realistic, Then sit arround scratching your noodle for a while trying to figure out if you can get the same effect for cheaper.

Commit this to memory, and your movies will have war veterans pucking all over themselvs with fear, and you will have spent nect to nothing!

Oh yea, and if you want a PHD in SENDing, send a letter to me, and I will instantaneously place a post on this forum saying, and I quote, Hey! <Your name here> Actually thought he could get a PHD in SENDing! HA HA HA!
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

lol. Don't steal. Sure I have a dl'd copy of Premere only because I can't buy it yet, and fully intend to. Also i only use it to convert to WMV, for some resion vagas, which I payed for won't. Other then the stealing, good plan.
2nd_Recon
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by 2nd_Recon »

I came up with it just last night while trying to keep my eyes open since it was like, 2 in the morning
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

You don't need a parachute to go skydiving. You only need a parachute to go skydiving twice.
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

I see, just remember its not agist the law, unless you get cought
2nd_Recon
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by 2nd_Recon »

If someone with a big gun shows up, then is when it turns illegal
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

You don't need a parachute to go skydiving. You only need a parachute to go skydiving twice.
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

Yep