How Do You Fund Your Film???

A general forum for all messages that don't quite fit into the other forums.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

Ornsack

Post by Ornsack »

Keep up Foxy! :P
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loFABl-1Zcw]THE SALESMAN - YouTube[/url]
El Brenty

Post by El Brenty »

I've now got a copper (who is the helicopter pilot), willing to lend my some police guns for the scenes as well! Some of it's going to be filmed in the local Metropolitan Police Sports Ground, where I use their conference room for the classes!
Moderating behind the bushes!
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

cool, this sounds like it should be an interesting film.
mattvols

Post by mattvols »

yeah all of my 8 movies I have made I havent spent a dime. The only one I have spent money on was buying paper for my green screen. I have a TV show thats comming on TV in january on my local TV station and it will be made without me spending anymoney.
--Matt Mabry
Stupid Idiots Productions
and
Matt Mabry Films
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

8 films no money spent thats impresive, I always seem to spend money and then when I'm done I tend to look and go "Why the Fu*k did I buy that?" Of course I did just spend $200 on a film, and as I look at it I wonder, not why did I buy that but "What the Fu*k did I buy?" Spent money is an interesting thing.
mattvols

Post by mattvols »

I make comedy movies though so no special effects or guns or explosives involved.
--Matt Mabry
Stupid Idiots Productions
and
Matt Mabry Films
El Brenty

Post by El Brenty »

WOW! Looks like you're the king of No-budget movies (NB-Movies?) there Mattvols!
Grant

Post by Grant »

Effects movies are so expensive. My next project has cost me over $300 and nothing has been shot yet, just all prop making
The Honourable Grant Meredith - CEO Sick Individual Productions
http://www.sickindividual.com
Profile : http://www.innersense.com.au/mif/meredith.html
El Brenty

Post by El Brenty »

That's why I think the hold a local viewing with a band after idea is good for getting some of the money back afterwards towards the next movie.
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

Ya, that is a really good Idea, I think I'm going to steal it for the film i'm working on, and credit you when anybody asks,..... But preproduction is where all the cash seems to get spent.
El Brenty

Post by El Brenty »

My thinking behing it is that if the film sucks swampwater, then at least the band will make up for it, and everyone goes home happy (and drunk), and thinks they remembered the film being good, because they had a good time by the end of the evening!

Sell a "limited" number of tickets, then when you're about to sell out, add another night on, and promote it as a "By popular demand" extra night"! That's what they did for the Lynyrd Skynyrd concert!
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

All of that works exsept for the drinking part, Damn 21 year old drinking age over here, that why the British are so happy and strange, your always drunk.
Ornsack

Post by Ornsack »

Cus the legal age is lower here, so we all start drinking younger and therefore become more used to it!

I'm actually severely hungover as I type this, no really! I think I'm dying... :(
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

I know thats what I'm bitching about, I bought beer when I was over the last year. Another idea about funing films befriend a packrat, because they always have random sh*t laying around in droves, and will never miss any of it.
El Brenty

Post by El Brenty »

All of that works exsept for the drinking part, Damn 21 year old drinking age over here, that why the British are so happy and strange, your always drunk.
Oh yeah, I almost forgot about that! Boy, that really cheeses off the youngsters when they go to the USA on holiday! HA! Don't have to worry about that myself, 31 in December! (Yes, I'm old, and I feel it - I don't act it though! - Mind you, I can do 65 push ups in 1 go comfortably, without stopping for a rest, so that can't be bad!
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

Ya its a pain in the a**, to say the lest. But it is the opisate for all young people that go over to europe, only to get plastered.
El Brenty

Post by El Brenty »

Yeah, there's not much else of a reason to come all the way over here! LOL!:D
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

Unless your like me and have an obsetion with medevil stuff, and shakespeare, other then that your right. Well British beer is better, stronger, better if it was cold but give and take.
El Brenty

Post by El Brenty »

Good point about the beer, we have got some darn good stuff here! Some pubs actually do use coolers - it depends on where you go!
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

I'll remember that.
Ornsack

Post by Ornsack »

Where did you go anyway? London?

I got stopped by an American tourist in Bristol the other day asking for directions... Which made me think, why the hell would someone go to Bristol for a holiday (vacation..? :D)?
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

Ya I went to London, for a week last spring. Had fun. Spent most on my time in the underground, minding the gap, like a stupid touritst. And I was looking at everything, wondering why it cost so much.
El Brenty

Post by El Brenty »

Bristol Tourism: Well there is the Clifton Suspension Bridge, The Cabot Tower, The Nails and the old buildings just around the centre, The oldy worldy shops of Park Street, the Cathederal, The docks, OH! And I suppose the Galleries must really be pulling in the tourists by the 100000!

I did a project on Tourism in Bristol for Geography at school! Got an A+ for it to!

Yes, London is well overpriced, but that's simply cuz they're trying to rip the tourists off! Don't forget foxwood, we on purposely make our equivilent of dimes and nickels the opposite size, so we can confuse y'all, and short change you!
Ornsack

Post by Ornsack »

Originally posted by CamClub
Bristol Tourism: Well there is the Clifton Suspension Bridge, The Cabot Tower, The Nails and the old buildings just around the centre, The oldy worldy shops of Park Street, the Cathederal, The docks, OH! And I suppose the Galleries must really be pulling in the tourists by the 100000!
Oh, silly me, Bristol must be really exciting! I went to the Galleries a couple of hours ago and still can't get over the excitement of it all :P

Ah, Foxwood, I feel for you... I can't stand the underground. Try going on it in rush hour in mid-summer, what a laugh... Body odour galore. Glad you had fun anyway :D
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

Beter then some of our subways. Yep got to stick it to the tourists, but even MacDonals seemed really expensive.