2010 Reel Test

A general forum for all messages that don't quite fit into the other forums.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

Gyro
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

2010 Reel Test

Post by Gyro »

This is my latest reel, it's not quite finished yet, but I'm testing how the images look online. This is a 1080P YouTube file. Check this mother, and tell me what needs fixin'. Thanks!
@seanbagley
Ornsack

Re: 2010 Reel Test

Post by Ornsack »

It all looks dead sexy, really damn sexy!!

I'd say it needs chopping right down though. A lot of the shots last for ages (the very first one, for example) and every other shot was very similar (especially the hospital stuff).

I know it's easy to be protective of your stuff and want to let it linger but outside of viewers of No Country For Old Men most people 'get it' within seconds. Especially when it comes to showreels.

But yeah, looking dead good. Did that RED film come to light in the end or is it still in post? Or did I plain miss it?
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loFABl-1Zcw]THE SALESMAN - YouTube[/url]
Gyro
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Re: 2010 Reel Test

Post by Gyro »

Thanks Dave!

But, I agree, all of the stuff on there is about twice as long as I intend it to be. I'm still cutting together a bunch of other films, seeing as I just shot four films in the last two months.

As far as the Red footage, all of the stuff on there is Red footage, but I believe you're talking about the feature we did last summer, which I'm still working on putting into the reel itself.

Anyways, thanks for the feedback, and I'll keep you all posted on how it comes a long.
@seanbagley