Shooting a Different Language

A general forum for all messages that don't quite fit into the other forums.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

Gyro
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Shooting a Different Language

Post by Gyro »

Has anyone ever shot a film in a different language than what you are primarily used to, and if so what sort of hardships had you in countered?
@seanbagley
Lawriejaffa
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

RE: Shooting a Different Language

Post by Lawriejaffa »

Now thats something I haven't done! Good luck with that though, of course in the end of the day the quality of their performances you may find is more in the way they move and express themselves, etc (but thats from theatre) than the exact words their saying (that you'll know anyway from a script) but good luck with that - should be interesting!
bloodymess

Post by bloodymess »

I did shoot a small movie in english once (I'm french), and the major problem was with my actors, who had a hard time to pronunce correctly. I did act a bit in it, as Josef Mengele, and in my part I spoke german, but still, I had less trouble than them! (yay for non-stop listening to Rammstein!)

if you plan to shoot a movie in another language, make sure your actors have a good understanding of the said language, or at least that they can pronunce correctly, because an accent is terribly easy to spot and can ruin the whole part of a character.
Last edited by bloodymess on Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"More blood, More blood! Here, give me the bottle!"
-William Wyler on the set of Ben-Hur

http://darkartifacts.blogspot.com
Ornsack

Post by Ornsack »

Do what they did with the Germans in the original Die Hard movies, and pretty much make up the language as you go along.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loFABl-1Zcw]THE SALESMAN - YouTube[/url]