Forum movies

A general forum for all messages that don't quite fit into the other forums.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

tecmeister

Forum movies

Post by tecmeister »

I have just downloaded and watched some of the movies that you have the forum.
I didn't really see that much in them. I was expecting to see stuff almost like you see i the movies.
Was i expecting to much?

My problem is that im to enthusiastic about things im doing. I expect them to be at the best level.

The movies that i have watched, is that the level that they will be at with a low budgeted movie?

Thanks for all of your help.
Gyro
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

RE: Forum movies

Post by Gyro »

Actually you're right,, tecmeister, we all blow horrendously at filmmaking, and should all give up as soon as possible.
@seanbagley
Zacatac927
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Zacatac927 »

the problem with me and my crew, is we are wicked enthusiastic about making films, but when it comes time to film it, we have no script and are using ourselves as actors...
@Zacatac927

www.vimeo.com/zac927
Matt
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Matt »

tecmeister, it depends on why you are making films and what your resources are like. Without spending thousands (if not millions) of dollars you aren't going to get anywhere near proffessional standards. That is the reality for most low-budget, amateur film makers.

You can make a good film on a low budget ($1000-1,000,000) but most people here actually have no budget (0-$1000).

What standard you set yourself is up to you. Most people attempt to make films that get a little better each time.

The films on this forum are generally of a high standard. If you want to see what really cr** films like look at 99 percent of YouTube.

Making even a rubbish film with cmcorders and using your mates as actors is extremely difficult and most people never manage to complete such a project.

My advice is to maintain your standards but lower your expectations. I have seen some amateur films that I have really enjoyed and have entertained me but if I had paid £6 to see them at the cinema I would demanded my money back.

So there is a different approach to take when watching home-grown video entertainment.
tecmeister

Post by tecmeister »

Ok thanks mate. I understand now.
I will have a go at creating a movie and try and get better every time.

O at the standards that the forum movies are at will you be able to get spotted?

My main aim is to get spotted and be a stunt/actor/director?
Ornsack

Post by Ornsack »

Tecmeister, you've set your sights soooooo high! I knew we had problems when you asked if something had to be animated, haha!

You seem to be one of those people who think you just run through a script, push a few buttons on a computer and you have the next Lord of the Rings

The difference here is that we're using video cameras instead of film cameras, using mates instead of actors, spending a few £££'s on some food to feed your crew instead of spending £2,000,000 on a 10 second effect shot, etc...

We're doing the best with what we got. That doesn't mean we're emulating Hollywood the best we can, we're making little films to entertain family, friends and you guys.

Like I said with the effect thing, if you're willing to spend months and months getting to a semi-decent stage then fantastic, I wish you the best of luck and I'll wait with some excitement watching you start from scratch.

If you can't be arsed to make cr** films and work your way up over several years, then give up :)

I was 7 years old when I made my first film. It was s***. I'm 23 now and I'm making stuff that's ok. It wouldn't get on TV or anything but we're getting awards and recognition, and I feel I've got an advanced knowledge of low budget film making.

If you want to get spotted in something, focus on it. If you want to be a stunt man you'll have to start doing gymnastics. If you want to be spotted as an actor, do some acting. Join a drama course or something. And so on :)
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loFABl-1Zcw]THE SALESMAN - YouTube[/url]
tecmeister

Post by tecmeister »

Well all of the things that i have done so far have been so easier.
I.e. :
Making websites
Making computers
Creating light sabers
Parkour
Gymnastics
martial arts

But this might be a challenge for me.

This is me doing tricks a few months ago.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CNKzWTwOt8k"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CNKzWTwOt8k" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
Vor
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Vor »

Were you ever a male cheerleader?
PanicFilms

Post by PanicFilms »

That doesnt look like parkour to me, it looks like jumping around on bouncy castles.

Anyway, i dont understand where your apparent infintile mentality comes from as judging by the videos you are atleast into your late teens.

Explain???
Zacatac927
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: RE: Forum movies

Post by Zacatac927 »

Matt wrote:
The films on this forum are generally of a high standard. If you want to see what really cr** films like look at 99 percent of YouTube.
even the worst on here are better than ones on youtube
Ornsack

Re: RE: Forum movies

Post by Ornsack »

tecmeister wrote:Well all of the things that i have done so far have been so easier.
I.e. :
Making websites
Making computers
Creating light sabers
Parkour
Gymnastics
martial arts
Making computers and creating light sabers seem to be in a random league compared to everything else

Think of film making like martial arts, you can't jump straight to black belt ;)
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loFABl-1Zcw]THE SALESMAN - YouTube[/url]
KultFilmsEntertainment

RE: Re: RE: Forum movies

Post by KultFilmsEntertainment »

Filmmaking is about a lot more than cool stunts and special effects, it's about understanding plot and character, about good visual and auditory aesthetic, and so on. These things tike time to master.
tecmeister

Post by tecmeister »

I guess that i was expecting to much.
And im 21.
I will just see what me and the team can do.

Thanks for the info.
kene555
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by kene555 »

Here, we focus less on acting and more on cinematography and style and effects.

Here, we create movies personally. Many have no access to good actors - and that's half the battle.

So its more of style, entertainment, and expression. it's a learning process, so you won't see much blockbuster stuff here.
CREATE FOR THE SAKE OF CREATING

http://www.neighborhoodstudios.com
tecmeister

Post by tecmeister »

Ok thanks.
Im the only one that has a little bit of experience, but nufing exciting.
I might take a few course when i have finished doing the computer technology at uni.
kene555
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by kene555 »

Post some stuff, my friend.

i am interested in seeing what you can do.
CREATE FOR THE SAKE OF CREATING

http://www.neighborhoodstudios.com
tecmeister

Post by tecmeister »

Ok thanks.
Im the only one that has a little bit of experience, but nufing exciting.
I might take a few course when i have finished doing the computer technology at uni.
TroubledCobraStudios

Post by TroubledCobraStudios »

I think most everyone on here makes movies because they care about them. You have to really care too if you decide to do low-budget films because, well, there isn't much else to work with. If someone cares about movies enough to rough it and make their own, I think that should be good enough, even if they do suck incredibly.

Note: I'm not talking about those Youtube "movies" that people "make." I'm talking about the kind of movies that one would find on this site.
tecmeister

Post by tecmeister »

I was just wondering of the quality of the movie that i would be making, just so i would know. Then i will be able to do some research and see if there was anyway that i would be able to make it better.

The movie that me and the cast are making a trying to get it as authentic as we can.
We haven't really filmed a scene yet. I have messed around to see about the colour change, stunts. we are kind of waiting till we think that we are all good enough and the script is good before we really start the movie.

We all thought that there is know point in rushing in to making the movie and it being really cr**. We will all just wait and let a each day go and see where we get.
We have also decide that once we have done a few scenes that if we think that we can make it better we will get a better camcorder (well i should say i will buy it) and make it to the best to all of are ability.

Thanks all again for the info, many more question will be coming your way.