Idea for a Film...need feedback/ideas!

A general forum for all messages that don't quite fit into the other forums.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

UnkindSky

Idea for a Film...need feedback/ideas!

Post by UnkindSky »

Ok, so this is the first time in a LONG time that I have been here...but here it goes:
My film partner and I had an idea to shoot a movie about a second US Civil War. The country split up into different factions and they are all at war with each other, etc, etc. Anyway, the story is set to follow a squad in a regiment from Virginia and they are fighting the remaining United States (just look on the map attached for a look of how the states are split). The majority of the film takes place in West Virginia fighting back a US invasion of the Southern States (not yet named...). However...that is as far as I've gotten. I've gotten character names and such, but I have nothing besides a basic idea. I ned help from Matt Hawkins members in pre and post production with this one! If you have any scene ideas or have any physical/special effects advice it would be much appreciated!! Please email me at woodbob090@yahoo.com for more info!

**********NOTE!! MAP*************
http://img263.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... mapdf0.png
Let god have mercy on my enemies... for i will not...
F.F.F.

RE: Idea for a Film...need feedback/ideas!

Post by F.F.F. »

How about doing east and west this time around?
Grant

Post by Grant »

How about a "TROY" like stand off where both sides send in their champions for a Yankee/Confederate show down?
The Honourable Grant Meredith - CEO Sick Individual Productions
http://www.sickindividual.com
Profile : http://www.innersense.com.au/mif/meredith.html
UnkindSky

Post by UnkindSky »

F.F.F is right, north and south is old. I really didn't think about that. And Grant, that would only work with snipers and classical warfare...atleast, I havent thought of a way that would work. Not to say it's a bad idea, just have to think about it.
Gyro
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Gyro »

I like Grant's idea.
@seanbagley
UnkindSky

Post by UnkindSky »

That's the way they did it most of the time in and around the time of the Old Testiment. Alteast somtimes. Armies would send their two best warriors to duke it out and then that would cost lest life. But anyway, back on the ranch, while the idea is a good one, I'm still not sure how to work that out. Would it be like a a speedball (tournament paintball) game where they have two starting spots and then just "break" and then go at it? Or would it be like a stalking match where the best stalker wins? Like I said, I am not dismissing the idea, just thinking about it.....since we havent had a conventional war in 54 years, it's kinda hard to create what moderen convetional warfare would be like...although it's fun! Hehehe....oh well...:-)
kene555
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by kene555 »

Maybe have one of the guys sneak over to the enemy camp at night and he lights their flag on fire as a signal for the opposing army to charge in. We have the scout trying to fend off all these guys while the confederate (or US) flag burns and the scouts army is trying to feverishly reach him and drive back the other before its too late.

Just a scene idea.
CREATE FOR THE SAKE OF CREATING

http://www.neighborhoodstudios.com
UnkindSky

Post by UnkindSky »

That is a good idea. I have to get more creative lol
KultFilmsEntertainment

Post by KultFilmsEntertainment »

Here's another idea...

Like what really happened sometimes in the first Civil War, two brothers are split to opposite sides of the war. When the confederates from Virgina enter West Virginia, the brother on the US side is sent into the confederate camp to steal plans or something. After successfully sneaking into the camp he accidentally encounters his brother on the confederate side alone in a tent, leading to a dramatic discussion. Confederate officers hear the noise and start coming to the tent. The confederate man decides to save his bro's skin by fleeing the camp with him, and the two end up in the mountains together.

Secretly they track the confederate army on its way to the final showdown, all the time philosophically discussing the war, its causes, and its consequences. One night the bros watch from the bushes as the confederate army moves into position near the US camp preparing to launch a surprise attack. The US bro announces he is going to betray his bro and the confederates by rushing into the US camp and shouting an alarm. The confederate bro is forced to, with much inner turmoil, kill his brother to save his cause.
UnkindSky

Post by UnkindSky »

Thanks for the ideas! They are really helpful!