This is off topic but we need to do this as a team.

A general forum for all messages that don't quite fit into the other forums.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

kene555
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by kene555 »

I need specifics. If you can tell me exactly what shots you need and exactly what props, and a site to upload content for you to download, I can begin shooting next week. I can talk to the principle, and since my school is catholic private, they sympathize deeply with this. I can probably even get the whole school together. Just tell me what to do.
CREATE FOR THE SAKE OF CREATING

http://www.neighborhoodstudios.com
LizaTrainer

Post by LizaTrainer »

Any of you that are going to work on this need to start making a documentry of everything you do, all your ideas, and thought's about what happened over at VT.

Is there anyone that will handle keeping this together. You can all make your owne documentry's but someone will need to keep them in some kind of order, after all they will be from all over the world.
LizaTrainer

Post by LizaTrainer »

Ok here is what's going on at Sanctuary.

http://sanctuary.indiesanctum.com/viewt ... 5577#35577
LizaTrainer

Post by LizaTrainer »

kene555 wrote:I just found this great song. I think it could have a deep impact if used correctly.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... d=17802352

Song: She Says to Fly.

Whaddya think?

Yea that's the right kind of music. Can you contact him and see if you can get him to make one just for the project. If I do it he will think I'm a five year old playing a joke, lol.

My reading and spelling are not my strong point. :oops:
LizaTrainer

Post by LizaTrainer »

Lawriejaffa wrote:Hrmph well yeah okay i can buy that idea liza that could be helpful, my company can give a wee bito help with that, just let me know how u want to lay it out production wise?

I looked at your stuff, and man for a young guy you got it to look great, most older people don't get that far. I'm imprest.
LizaTrainer

Post by LizaTrainer »

kene555 wrote:I need specifics. If you can tell me exactly what shots you need and exactly what props, and a site to upload content for you to download, I can begin shooting next week. I can talk to the principle, and since my school is catholic private, they sympathize deeply with this. I can probably even get the whole school together. Just tell me what to do.

Ok are you saying you want me to script out what I said about the guy being abused, and going crazzy and killing other student's.

Cause I think this might be the only way to realy impact the kind of kid that feels thay badly.

This is not going to be an easy thing to do. Like I said monsters don't just happen, they are made.

We need to show how a monster can turn around and get back in the game.
LizaTrainer

Post by LizaTrainer »

kene555 wrote:I've got access to the XL2 and a classroom full of people, you can see the example of what I've got to work with here:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... ban+knight

go to 20:25 to see the class. But really, I can get any shot in school you need, just give me time.

So if you need classroom stuff, my class is absolutely willing to do it, it's a religious studies class, and our teacher 100% supports this kind of stuff.

Let me know what shots you need, because school ends in a month for us.

If you guy's can make that, I"m shure you can handle this.
youngfilmmaker
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by youngfilmmaker »

Wow, What an interesting topic. I have been sensing some tension from Gyro and Lawriejaffa. THis is going to be really interseting. It makes me feel like to start filming the script that i have. =]
www.freewebs.com/skyrocketstudios

The majority of Americans - the ones who never elected you - are not fooled by your weapons of mass distraction.
-Michael Moore
youngfilmmaker
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by youngfilmmaker »

I just thought of an idea, Why dont we make an documentary about what happen with all shots. LIKE A NBC DATELINE Documentary.

The majority of Americans - the ones who never elected you - are not fooled by your weapons of mass distraction.
-Michael Moore
youngfilmmaker
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by youngfilmmaker »

Liza, I am kind of confused, What exactly do you need help in?

-Michael Moore
LizaTrainer

Post by LizaTrainer »

youngfilmmaker wrote:Liza, I am kind of confused, What exactly do you need help in?

Welcome to my world, ya gota read everything just to keep up. Yes I said I think it's important for everyone to make a documentry about what they do on this project.

We need someone to over see this and keep it running smoth, you up for that job.
youngfilmmaker
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by youngfilmmaker »

Ok,

I have not posted for the last couple of days, so i am kind of behind. How do you want this set up? What is the final product do you want? Explain Exactly do you want from each and every one of us. I have read this quickly and for some reason i am still confuse.

-Michael Moore
LizaTrainer

Post by LizaTrainer »

youngfilmmaker wrote:Ok,

I have not posted for the last couple of days, so i am kind of behind. How do you want this set up? What is the final product do you want? Explain Exactly do you want from each and every one of us. I have read this quickly and for some reason i am still confuse.

Think how I feel, I'm doing this on three different board's all at the same time. You have to read everthing so when ya get on the next day ya just look at what's new, that's how I do it.

Yes if they want to, everyone should give a quick what got em going on this, why they want to make a diffrence, and as much behind the sceen's as they can of what when where and how they are doing there part.

This would be your job, keeping all of the clips in an order, and even do some editing so we can all get a look at what the other people are doing. I can provide all the hosting, not a problum.

I don't think this will be a big job, you will just need a good eye, what goes what stay's, of corse the people giveing you the clips are only going to give you what they want us to see so this will make it all the more easy.
youngfilmmaker
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by youngfilmmaker »

Liza,

I see where you going on this. But, Do you want:

THe tragerty that happen + ways to prevent this?

Or just ways to prevent this?

-Michael Moore
Knightly

Post by Knightly »

Hey, I'm over here from Liza's board, read some of the tutorials in the past here and was asked to jump over here to pitch in what I could :) Perhaps backing up the clips we generate with interviews with psychology professionals who would be willing to help out...maybe even some judges or lawyers as well...law enforcement?
Low/No budget cinema that looks like a million Bucks!
---------------------------------------------------------
http://www.yafiunderground.com
LizaTrainer

Post by LizaTrainer »

Super like it, wasent a zoo allready.

Please, keep it on the board, you guy's are killing me.

[img][img]http://theywonthostmyclips.com/DSC05014.JPG[/img][/img]
LizaTrainer

Post by LizaTrainer »

youngfilmmaker wrote:Liza,

I see where you going on this. But, Do you want:

THe tragerty that happen + ways to prevent this?

Or just ways to prevent this?

What do you think will work the best. We need something that can make them think, if only for one more min there can be a better way. I would want to see the person that made me this way go to jail, and have the cop's rough him up, and show there protection towards me. This is the way I see it, I think they feel verey alone nad no one has ever helped them, look at the ICE MAN his father beat his little brother to death infront of him, he said in an interview, the sound of his dad's voice made him urinate down his leg. Amazing this guy killed anyone and everyone.

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid= ... ion%3Along

Could or would a quic video, have made him want to talk to a consler, just once.

I'm pritty shure if you told a consler you were haveing bad thought's today, they would get to the bottom of it as fast as they could to try and stableize the kid.

I think we have all seen a kid like this at one time or another, and we know it when we see it and they scare us so we push them away, I know I do. I do not wan't an unstable person around me. I'm polite and evasive and get the hell away.
Last edited by LizaTrainer on Sat Apr 21, 2007 4:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
youngfilmmaker
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by youngfilmmaker »

Welcome Knightly to the Board!
----
First, What are you estimating as the duration of this documentary?

-Michael Moore
LizaTrainer

Post by LizaTrainer »

youngfilmmaker wrote:Welcome Knightly to the Board!
----
First, What are you estimating as the duration of this documentary?

Hell who know's it was just an after thought. Coot on out board know'a all about them, he made one that got like a million hit's, calle scared for life.
youngfilmmaker
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by youngfilmmaker »

LizaTrainer wrote: Coot on out board know'a all about them, he made one that got like a million hit's, calle scared for life.
Huh? :shock:

---

I think we need to make a documentary about how the events unfolded and how can it be prevented for the future.

Any Agree?

-Michael Moore
angusware
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by angusware »

i'm lost. I think i'll retire now...
kene555
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by kene555 »

OK, so we're all making our own documentary and combining them here?

I can probably do a reenactment if needed.

I just don't really know what shots or scenes we need. We don't have any Asian kids at our school, maybe we can shoot shoulder height and down.

kene555
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by kene555 »

Here's the background info on the killer (Lisa you were right)

MSNBC:
Warning signs about Seung Hui Cho came early in his life.

Cho was unusually quiet as a child, relatives said. He did not respond to greetings. He did not want to be hugged. But when Cho fought with his older sister, he would punch her with shocking violence.

Kim Yang Soon, a great-aunt in Korea, said Cho's mother told her the boy had autism. After the family immigrated to the United States in 1992, when Cho was 8, Kim would call his mother and ask how the boy was doing. "She only talked about her daughter," Kim said. "We knew something was wrong."

Because Cho did well in school, his mother did not seem very determined to get treatment for him, Kim added.

"We are humbled by this darkness," wrote Cho's sister, Sun Kyung Cho, 25. "This is someone that I grew up with and loved. Now I feel like I didn't know this person. . . . My brother was quiet and reserved, yet struggled to fit in. We never could have envisioned that he was capable of so much violence."

Cho, likewise, was difficult to know, his classmates in Fairfax said. He often seemed to be in a world of his own.

Students who knew him as far back as middle school remember a dramatically uncommunicative boy who never spoke, not even to teachers. Some remember classmates derisively offering dollar bills to Cho if he would just talk. The band director would urge him to play his trombone more loudly and to hold his head up.

"Teachers would call on him, and he wouldn't respond," recalled Sam Linton, 21, a freshman at New River Community College near Virginia Tech, who attended classes and shared a homeroom with Cho at Stone Middle School in Centreville. "He would just sit there until they would call on somebody else."

James Duffy, 21, a Virginia Tech junior who also attended Stone, said the first time he ever heard Cho speak was on television Wednesday night, when NBC aired the recordings he had mailed in the middle of the rampage.

"That was also the first time I ever saw an expression on his face," Duffy recalled.

Other students recalled that he carried violent writings in his notebooks. He wore "geeky" clothes, not stylish or popular, the kind his parents might have picked out, Linton recalled.

David Gearhart, 21, a junior at Virginia Tech who attended Stone Middle with Cho, said Cho's antisocial behavior prompted teasing from other kids.

"We might have cracked a couple of jokes, nothing to his face for sure. Nothing very serious. We would just say, 'Did you see Seung say nothing again today?' Something like that."

Gearhart remembers a friend seeing a paper fall out of Cho's notebook. "It had all kinds of hate writing," he said.

Cho's isolation as a youth may have been exacerbated by the strains of the Korean immigrant life, sociologists said. Parents, working one or two jobs to provide for their families, often have little time to spend with their children, let alone have meaningful talks with them. Cultural stigmas make it difficult to deal with the mental illness or emotional stress of a child.

"Korean immigrants would feel shame," said Sang Lee, director of the Asian American Program at Princeton Theological Seminary. "There would be some reluctance and some hesitancy in admitting [a mental illness] and openly seeing a doctor."

"Here is this person at Virginia Tech who may have been an adult academically, but emotionally and socially, he's clearly a child who's been stunted," said Kim, who is also a licensed mental health professional. "He didn't know how to deal with people. He lived in pure isolation."

Busy parents, little money
Within his family, Cho did not appear to have a lot of supervision, relatives and associates of the family said. His parents were busy at work. Money was tight.
Shooter writes 'You caused me to do this' in note left behind.

I've already got some ideas.

I could film a school hall, with people walking down, getting to class. gunshots ring out and people begin to run and scream. People run in one direction as the camera moves against the flow to an open classroom door, where a gunman stands. Shots inside the room as students fall, one after another as more blasts ring out.

Here's some eyewitness accounts that I could use as a script as well:

We were sitting in class and all of a sudden heard loud banging noises — thought it could be construction. Heard screaming through the walls and everyone started to panic. Heard shots down the hallways, everyone started to panic and jumping out of the window. We heard almost 40 or 50 shots. They were going on from the time we heard them and jumped out the window to almost two minutes later. Window was two or three stories. When I landed I was in a daze, standing outside of the building. Then I heard shots going through glass, that's when it hit me that I had to get out of there.

Approximately two hours after the initial shootings, Cho walked over to Norris Hall, which houses the Engineering Science and Mechanics program, and chained the main entrance doors shut. He then entered several classrooms and began shooting students and faculty members.

By the end of this second attack, 30 student and faculty victims lay dead in at least four classrooms and a second-floor hallway of the building.[8] The exact number of bullets used is still in question, but is estimated at "between 175 and 225."

At least 11 murder victims were found in a French class, five in a German class, nine in a hydrology class, two in a solid mechanics class, and one in the hallway. An eyewitness told a Collegiate Times reporter that a shooter shot about 19 people attending a German class in Norris Hall, including the professor. Only four people emerged unscathed from the German class. Erin Sheehan, one of the four, said the shooter "peeked in twice, earlier in the lesson, like he was looking for someone, somebody, before he started shooting."

Student Nikolas Macko described to BBC News his experience at the center of the shootings. He had been attending a mathematics class (near the German class) and heard gunshots in the hallway. At least three people in the classroom barricaded the door using a table. At one point, Macko said, the gunman attempted to open the classroom door and then shot twice into the room; one shot hit a podium; the other went out the window. The gunman reloaded and shot into the door, but the bullet did not penetrate into the room. Macko stated there were "many, many shots" fired.

Professor Liviu Librescu held the door of his classroom, Room 204, shut while Cho attempted to enter it. Librescu was able to prevent the gunman from entering the classroom until his students had escaped through the windows, but was eventually shot five times and killed.

Partahi Lumbantoruan attempted to protect fellow students by diving on top of Guillermo Colman. Then Cho walked around the class row by row, shooting people who were apparently still alive, and the second blow killed Lumbantoruan, but Colman was protected by Lumbantoruan's body

Waleed Shaalan, a Ph.D. student from Zagazig, Egypt, though badly wounded, distracted the gunman from a nearby student after the gunman had returned to the room a second time in search of signs of life. He was shot a second time and died

Then I can end with a candlelight vigil or something. The whole thing would be set to very emotional, moving music.

Whaddya think?

Lawriejaffa
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Lawriejaffa »

Yep, Definately - but perhaps one idea would be to focus less on the school shooting and more on the video manifesto made by Cho, - From a production perspective this is quite easy.

However what you could do is have loads of different kids performing parts of the manifesto (reading from his script) but with the sheer variety of individuals (expressing in their perfromances the kind of madness/grief/illness/pressure Cho had.) This could show just how universal this sitaution is in how it can effect such a variety of individuals.

So it would be like the video manifesto - but as its read we cut to different individuals reading the lines, (lots of different kids.) Then at the end, perhaps a brief montage of the consequnces can be shown. Slowed down footage - ambulancs outside the schools (i.e. footage from events at highschool shootings.) followed by some end film text?
Knightly

Post by Knightly »

I think that interspersing that with statements from mental health professionals talking both about the problems that lead up to this kind of behavior and how to prevent/do early interventions on these behaviors/warning signs...Perhaps showing more of the beginning rather than the end...

Start with portions of the reenactment,
Interviews about the behavior,
Some reenactment of his school life and the shunning that happened there to give scope to the problems
More Interviews
Show how the other students as he was growing up fed the problem by keeping him outside their group of "Normal" kids.
More invterviews
Conclusion

Treat it just like you're writing a persuasive essay paper and put it together that way to go for maximum impact.
Low/No budget cinema that looks like a million Bucks!
---------------------------------------------------------
http://www.yafiunderground.com