This is off topic but we need to do this as a team.

A general forum for all messages that don't quite fit into the other forums.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

LizaTrainer

This is off topic but we need to do this as a team.

Post by LizaTrainer »

We solve big problems all day long as filmaker's Let's get together as a team and help keep kids safe in school.

Here is a thread I started to make this happen, please let's work together.

http://www.sticktowhatyouknow.com/phpBB ... php?t=1752

Last edited by LizaTrainer on Sat Apr 21, 2007 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
kene555
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

RE: This is off topic but we need to do this as a team.

Post by kene555 »

Why not cameras in the hallways and guards with tasers?
CREATE FOR THE SAKE OF CREATING

http://www.neighborhoodstudios.com
LizaTrainer

Post by LizaTrainer »

There is no money for something like that. Something need's to be done. I think something could be done like this. CAN'T SEE EM CAN'T SHOOT EM.

http://www.wired.com/cars/energy/news/2007/03/72886

http://www.flashfogsecurity.com/
pdj
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by pdj »

Grant may have some good ideas to contribute to this- he's a good diy man
angusware
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by angusware »

wait, i'm confused, is this serious or what? Wouldn't it be better to invest in identifying people with tendancies to do this kind of thing?
LizaTrainer

Post by LizaTrainer »

angusware wrote:wait, i'm confused, is this serious or what? Wouldn't it be better to invest in identifying people with tendancies to do this kind of thing?

Yup, it shure would. I think we will see more of this now that the played his clips on NBC.
Lawriejaffa
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Lawriejaffa »

While my sympathies go out to the victims of this tragedy - this post is way off topic for a filmmaking forum.

200+ died in Baghdad the other day from bombings and elsewhere in the world terrible stuff will be happening.

I dont understand what makes this situation so unique that it should be discussed in a film forum, i think there is little that is unique about this US tragedy that warrants a discussion on solutions from filmmakers around the world.
Gyro
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Gyro »

Because filmmakers aren't allowed to sympathize?
@seanbagley
Lawriejaffa
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Lawriejaffa »

yeah... thats right cos there not allowed to sympathise *sigh*
LizaTrainer

Post by LizaTrainer »

Lawriejaffa wrote:While my sympathies go out to the victims of this tragedy - this post is way off topic for a filmmaking forum.

200+ died in Baghdad the other day from bombings and elsewhere in the world terrible stuff will be happening.

I dont understand what makes this situation so unique that it should be discussed in a film forum, i think there is little that is unique about this US tragedy that warrants a discussion on solutions from filmmakers around the world.

I agree on that, but this story shook me so much, I just wanted to see what other film maker's had to say. I think we have a different way of seeing thing's we look for the ease cheap way out. You know there will be no money spent on anythig to fix this, it need's to be something just clever, and we do that all day long.
LizaTrainer

Post by LizaTrainer »

angusware wrote:wait, i'm confused, is this serious or what? Wouldn't it be better to invest in identifying people with tendancies to do this kind of thing?

Yes that might be the answer, but how will we know if some of us don't try. A lot of you are still in school, and I to think NBC making a side show of the film clips will only bring more of the same. I just want to try, if we can't think of anything we will be where we were the day it happened. I have nothing to lose.
pdj
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by pdj »

I think what Liza is attempting is quite honorable and guys, take note. You all have talents in your own right that you bring to your short films. All she is asking is for you to think about a way to prevent such a thing happening in the future.

Lawriejaffa, if it was your (god forbid) dad/uncle/son/brother/sister/mother killed then YOU would not place ANY limitiations as to where this type of discussion would take place. Think before you post.

There's a discussion set up at the STWYK forums. If its out of place here and irritating some then best post your replies/ideas there..
Lawriejaffa
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Lawriejaffa »

I just think this is more suitable for the Social/offtopic section of the site, and dont say i should 'think' before chatting, its a terrible thing that happened, - whose denying that? Its just not that unique an example of the kind off horror that occurs delay - and if this has a right to be in the general filmmaking section then why not a topic where filmmakers suggest how do stop suicide bombings, domestic violence and so on and so forth.

Liza is attempting something honourable, but i think its fairly common sense that such topics have more appropriate places to be posted. If you disagree thats fine, its deomcracy - what it doesnt mean is that i don't care or that i should get the ol' emotional blackmail pdj *stares* hmmmmm?
LizaTrainer

Post by LizaTrainer »

If ya wana move it I will understand. The only reson it's here is I was asking kinda about the stop motion content, but not directly.
Lawriejaffa
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Lawriejaffa »

It is incredible what uve made Liza and what ur working on, i just dont think its suited to the general filmmaking section, its a tragedy with solutions that will ultimately descend into a polital debate. It's also demonstrative of the preoccupation we give these kind of easy to package tragedies over the ones we help cause abroad... or even domestically,
LizaTrainer

Post by LizaTrainer »

I have thought and thought and thought somemore. I think what we as filmmaker's can do is to do just that be film maker's. What about a 1min clip we can post on youtube google and every where we can find. The clip will need to be all the thing's that lead to this day in one, and a how to fix that.

A kid being molested, he becomes a freak and kill's every one. Then the same intro and he tell's what hurt him to a consler, and the consler call's cop's cops kick the bad guy's a** and take him to jail. Pan out and you have a shot of the abused kid, and a girl comfert's him and say's are you ok.

Something like this, we all can make a huge diferance in what an abused kid think's with a killer clip, and a free add for some kid's shelter.

No one has said yet or I have not herd it, that he was molested, but I will bett all the money I have he was. This is where we can make the defrence.

I'm willing to put my intire production on hold, and volintere my studo and all that is in it to make this happen.

Is anyone willing to help me.

Post by Lawriejaffa »

Hrmph well yeah okay i can buy that idea liza that could be helpful, my company can give a wee bito help with that, just let me know how u want to lay it out production wise?
kene555
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by kene555 »

You need some help on this one just PM me.

LizaTrainer

Post by LizaTrainer »

First thing's first, we will need a story line, I only had a rugh idea. Then I think some story board's.

I like the idea of useing an actor that look's like the VT killer, don't knoe if this is a good idea or a bad one.
kene555
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by kene555 »

If you can lay out a story board and stuff, I can get actors from my school and use it's XL2 to do whatever you need. I think it would be cool to have a bunch of filmmakers on this site contribute, and then have all the examples put together into one big collage.

kene555
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by kene555 »

I just found this great song. I think it could have a deep impact if used correctly.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... d=17802352

Song: She Says to Fly.

Whaddya think?

LizaTrainer

Post by LizaTrainer »

That is the whole idea. I have a big green screen and can make any kind of prop, and edit. I allso have a DVX100ap, I can shoot city shots here and stuff like that. I have no actors, and no way into a classroom. That will be a real big problum.

I realy think for this to have a true impact that might make a desturbed young person get help insted of kill and then suiside. Will be all in the story, and how clear we make them see that monster's don't just happen, they are made. Dam that sound's like a good name.

Any way, that's what I can do. I'm not much on story board's and I'm dam shure not a righter, as you can tell.

This will not go quick, it will take time, and a lot of people to make a real film looking clip.
kene555
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by kene555 »

I've got access to the XL2 and a classroom full of people, you can see the example of what I've got to work with here:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... ban+knight

go to 20:25 to see the class. But really, I can get any shot in school you need, just give me time.

So if you need classroom stuff, my class is absolutely willing to do it, it's a religious studies class, and our teacher 100% supports this kind of stuff.

Let me know what shots you need, because school ends in a month for us.

kene555
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by kene555 »

monster's don't just happen, they are made
That's a great slogan. I can see it now:

(dramatic music) (deep announcer's voice) Monsters don't just happen; they are made.
Payed for and distributed by Matthakins online forums 2007.

No, I don't mean to joke.

But for sure incorporate that into the vid. I think that in itself will make a difference.
With the right music, editing, and shots, we can make a difference.

LizaTrainer

Post by LizaTrainer »

You rock kid. I will do my best to help out, but I'm no story righter.

Can you start shooting everthing and anything you and your friends can think of that we can use.

I hate to say it, or even think it, but we will need a real desturbing class shoot out.

How do you feel about all this so far.