Audio Troubles

A general forum for all messages that don't quite fit into the other forums.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

youngfilmmaker
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Audio Troubles

Post by youngfilmmaker »

I have a boom mic and a Canon GL2. When i review the footage all the audio fills to one side of the speaker. How can i fill it to both sides in Post?
www.freewebs.com/skyrocketstudios

The majority of Americans - the ones who never elected you - are not fooled by your weapons of mass distraction.
-Michael Moore
Almondo99
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Almondo99 »

Is the boom mic mono? If it is it will push the audio to one side. You can pan it back into the middle, but it won't be real stereo. Or, if Premiere can do 5.1 audio, you can foley and record audio sounds seperately.
Ornsack

Post by Ornsack »

Oh god, how many more times do we have to answer this question on this website?? :P

It's recording in mono, because it's obviously one sound source. Duplicate the audio track in Premiere (or whatever) and then add a 'flip audio' filter :)
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loFABl-1Zcw]THE SALESMAN - YouTube[/url]
youngfilmmaker
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by youngfilmmaker »

Ornsack. In Premiere there is no flip audio effect. Yes, the mic is mono. Priemere can do 5.1 audio.

The majority of Americans - the ones who never elected you - are not fooled by your weapons of mass distraction.
-Michael Moore
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

Maybe you need to spend a little more time with Premiere. You can manipulate the audio however you wish. In Premiere it's called FILL LEFT or FILL RIGHT, not Flip.
youngfilmmaker
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by youngfilmmaker »

Ty Epsilon. I got another question.

I decided to see how it was if i wore headphones with the mic. And the problem is i can hear the audio but really low. Does anyone knows why?
Last edited by youngfilmmaker on Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

-Michael Moore
Zacatac927
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Zacatac927 »

its all becuase you have a micheal moore quote in your sig
@Zacatac927

www.vimeo.com/zac927
angusware
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by angusware »

amen.
youngfilmmaker
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by youngfilmmaker »

Lol. What is wrong with the quote. Aint it true?

well.. can anyone help with my problem

-Michael Moore
youngfilmmaker
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by youngfilmmaker »

Ok.

I went with the big headphones to see how it was and it was the same. I could barely hear the actors. So i then tried a smallers ones, and the same result. So then i went to the audio control of my GL2. Because the mic i have only record on one side (mono?) i rose the right level and put down the left and I could hear better. Now. To be correct when i edit I need to duplicate the sound and go to "Fill Left".

Also, another little problem. When my actors talk, i need to tell them to speak louder because i can barely hear them through the headphones. When i look at the level of the audio in the camera it barely goes to 40-db. And when they talk louder its much better. But i dont want them to yell. How do you go about this problem? When someones speak to your camera what is the level?

-Michael Moore
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

Are you using a powered microphone?