Your film experiences..

A general forum for all messages that don't quite fit into the other forums.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

Nba185

Your film experiences..

Post by Nba185 »

Describe your various film experiences..

How was it?
myspace.com/minshproductions
myspace.com/minsh_com

Selling adobe softwares. PM for more info.
Theshapecool
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

RE: Your film experiences..

Post by Theshapecool »

pretty good. This one has been the best one, filming Hellbilly58 because ive got to work with and become great friends with people like Lloyd Kaufman, Tom Savini, Debbie Rochon, Pete Iasillo, Christa Campbell and mike williams, aswell as learning more from this experience and this being the first film that I'm making that will actually be released.

I'm glad of my past experience because it has taught me alot.

Also working on movies as a stuntman, stunt co-ordinator, Fight master, make up artist and of course scoring films is also been great. Working as an actor alone is also a great passion.

One of the best experiences was the one I just came off, a film called 'Craig' being made in denmark, I was playing a disco bulley/idiot kinda guy, that was great. We were actually filming at 7am in a transvestite club called 'madam arthur's'
Very odd but fun experience.

The experiences just keep growing and growing for me really.
Sledge Films Ltd, 'Independent film making since 2003'

www.RussDiaper.com

'This House is sacred to him, he has all his memories here, HIS RAGE!'
Ornsack

Post by Ornsack »

Filming's always amazingly fun. Some of the best laughs I've had was during filming.

My best experience was filming Naughty Soldiers - ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmVmYuH6BZc ) It was a fantastic, hot summer. Filming involved living around each others houses and just having fun in general. Got to visit and use some fun locations, including my old school which was nice memory-wise. Plus Chemical Ali was taking off at the time so we got to watch it at festivals etc after a days filming, which spurred us on more.

Filming John Bunnell ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6e16mLYNls ) was the worst 'cus it was the hottest day of last summer, and my face was covered in orange spray paint (seemed comically more easier than face paint at the time) which was getting everywhere, my pours, all over the car... I was wearing that big leather jacket... We didn't know if we had enough cars/people/etc... Turned out to be the most popular thing we've ever done though judging by its YouTube success
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loFABl-1Zcw]THE SALESMAN - YouTube[/url]
challengerbravo525

Post by challengerbravo525 »

it has its ups and downs....i think the winter time is the best time to film movies....just something about it.....unfortunately this winter good progress hasn't been made
Today's Bread TODAY
ctbullet
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by ctbullet »

i hate filming in winter, the days are too short, everyone is depressed because the weather sucks, its just an all-round joke, spring has to be the best, nice and fresh.

anyway filming experiences have gotten bigger and better every project

locations include:

old ww2 train station
old windmill
anglian water pump station

and our actors and crew get much much larger, everyone wants to be in a moive these days

best memories come from spending a day out with mates and having a laugh when trying to act, some good memories
Our Combat Years: In production
[img]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a69/ct_bullet/wolfvisionpbanner2.jpg[/img]
http://wolfvisionp.tripod.com
angusware
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by angusware »

Cutting my hand open building a prop, I could see all the tendons and fat, so we took a picture. I can't find it.
I don't mind what were filming, because most of the time we're just joking around and having fun while getting the shots done. We always have little gagas in films for people who look
at the shots alot, rather than just seeing the main actors or looking at the action.

Things like a ballroom dance in the middle of a street fight and a small action figure tha appears in every single shot like in futurama
AgentDick

Post by AgentDick »

Having My foot set on fire by an idiot with a firebomb is a memorable experience, the only time i've ever given a Flaming Kick in the a**.

I'm relatively new in all this, and most of my memorable experience revolves around someone screwing up and me getting hurt (Like when we tried to do a break-away bottle smash on my head and me somehow getting hit in the head with a coronoa bottle (The bottle we made was GREEN)) but everynow and then there is the awesmeness of the perfect take when nothing ges wrong, everyones lines were delivered perfectly, and bob's your uncle.

Another good memory is just from a week ago. We were getting some of the ten minutes of fighting that goes on in one of my movies choreographed, and I end up with a nic 5 inch long cut on my side from a shard of wooden practice sword. Safer than metal my a**.
Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Kentertainment »

I started a film over the summer called, "Excluded" (which was then dropped) and in a scene a younger man was getting payback on his bully by throwing a homemade bomb (Whistling Pete bomb) at him for a scare. When the bomb was thrown it had been thrashed around so much during the previous filming that the fuse got screwed up and it didn't explode. My friend nudged it with his foot and nothing happened so he picked it up and threw it at me where it exploded three feet from me. It was pretty hilarious and was all caught on film but it's not on my comp anymore, it's lost amongst the many DV tapes I have.
UFProductions
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by UFProductions »

I haven't had too many bad experiences filming (movies that is, there are certainly some things we've filmed that involve danger/injury, they just don't count as real films. Alcohol is always involved). However I must reiterate that if you are going to use an airsoft gun as a prop; make goddamn sure that mother is unloaded. Ouch.
Losing consciousness,
in the arms of an angel,
I find only peace.
britishbulldog
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by britishbulldog »

got to be armed response turning up to a film day at a mates house there were about 7 vehichles a helicopter police dogs and all the policemen had massive machineguns and body armour, really scary as i thought i was in alot of s*** but they let us off and we got to keep all the guns too although most of em were crappy plastic ones

the moral of the story is never let ur extras drive around waving there fake guns out the window and always call the police and tell them your filming
AgentDick

Post by AgentDick »

Ohh, new one from today. NEVER FILM WITH ANYONE WHO HAS ADD. You will seriously consider stabbing them in the eyes.
Nba185

Post by Nba185 »

I'm sorry but what is ADD?
myspace.com/minshproductions
myspace.com/minsh_com

Selling adobe softwares. PM for more info.
angusware
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by angusware »

ADD (A.D.D) is Attention Deficit Disorder, it is a disorder that impedes a persons ability to
focus attention on one or multiple tasks and because of this causes learning disabilities/anti-social behaviour in crowded conditions.
challengerbravo525

i got threatened by a polish guy for filming on a bus
Today's Bread TODAY
mickcar73
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by mickcar73 »

busted by the police 2wice while trying to film the last part of regeneration luckily i got the shotguns and machine guns under a blanket bbefore their car got to us
AgentDick

Post by AgentDick »

New one for today's athetic attempt at getting better at acting. Just about got in a fistfight with my friend. (We were both completely in character, and we got p*** at eachother, and were really close to actually punching before we caught ourselves. Man, method acting really is awesome.
John Groshko
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by John Groshko »

I got fired off a set today! (January 29th)

Well, not fired technically - but told to go home. The student shoot I was working was a complete joke. Everyone was working 10 hour days for 4 days straight on a 5 day shoot, our Director is an idiot who simply doesn't now how to direct sh*t, and all our above the line people were complete @$$holes! (oh yeah, we were filming outside in winter to). So anyways, I showed up to set 45 minutes late today because I needed my sleep, and the AD (assistant director) started giving me sh*t - and he had been giving me sh*t all week and telling me how to do my job. So basically I told him to go F*ck himself since this is a student shoot and nobody getting paid or even getting credits for it - and he told me to go home. Simple as that.

Oh yeah, I was a camera assistant on the shoot, and the sound and transportation department also thought of quitting.
My films;

http://video.google.ca/videosearch?q=groshko
AgentDick

Post by AgentDick »

That blows man.

I had a breif powerstruggle today. I'm the director (And the writer, editor, and producer) of the mockumentary I'm working on, and my friend who I cast in a minor roll spent two hours trying to tell me about how the underlying idea of the script (a mockumentary making fun of emo kids- which it wasn't, I came up with it as I was driving down the highway [In wyoming the average distance between towns is around 60-100 miles] and dictated most of the script into my voice recorder- something every writer should have. they cost about $60 for a good one) was his suggestion in the first place and he should direct and I should give the writing credits to him, and he should edit this and have a bigger part. So, after wasting 30 minutes of battery life on the camera, and him telling me how to direct, I told him that he f*** right off my set and get himself straight on who's equipment we're using, who worked out the location, who is fronting the bill for this film, who wrote it, who the director is, etc etc. And he decided it would be a good idea to hit me with the mic boom.

So, not such a good day for production. Ended up casting someone else. But what can you do? I mean, besides firing the guy?
Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: RE: Your film experiences..

Post by Kentertainment »

John Groshko wrote:Well, not fired technically - but told to go home.
That happened to me once, but the funny thing was, it was just me and my friends working on a film. It's called "Shattered' and it was by CaptainAmerica on this forum (you can find it somewhere by searching). Anyway, I am one of those people who always have an upbeat comical attitude so he took me in the other room and told me not to mess things up, it was supposed to be serious and emotional. So me and one of the actors start eating some chips of his and he told us not too, the actor continues and he starts getting mad. Then the actor said something to me I found funny and just chuckled a bit and he just blew up and told me to leave. It was messed.
angusware
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

RE: Re: RE: Your film experiences..

Post by angusware »

I walked off my own set once, because no-one would listen to me. I returned with a megaphone.
UFProductions
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by UFProductions »

I just remembered a couple more bad experiences. In one scene we were shooting we were using a cap gun (loaded with caps - the sound they make isn't usable on their own, but make adding the effect in post much easier and give it a more multilayered effect. I think cap guns are honestly the best thing to use when ever you can get away with it), and the actor decided it would be a good idea to put the barrel in my ear and fire it. He claims that he didn't know the barrel was't plugged: in any case I couldn't hear for a day, and I might have some permanent hearing loss in that ear. Also, the system I use for blood hits is essentialy an amped up version of the weed-sprayer method. And by amped up I mean severely amped up. So I've had on a couple occasions things go awry where something that shouldn't wind up coated in fake blood winds up coated in fake blood. Things like: the entire back side of my house (yes, the entire thing), an interior wall of the same house, my camera, the inside of an actors eyelid (I told him not to stare down that tube) and uncountable numbers of shirts, pants and yes, even underwear.
Losing consciousness,
in the arms of an angel,
I find only peace.
AgentDick

Post by AgentDick »

Speaking of undies, I just had something happen today that really twists my knickers. One of the scenes in a movie I'm in for a friend involves me and a girl making out on a couch. I hate this sort of thing. If anyone here has had to do a kissing scene with someone you don't even like, you know what I mean. Anywho, the script calls for me to be wearing a tux and her to be wearing a club dress. What does she decide she doesn't need to wear because her pantyhose are so dark? You guessed it! Panties. Problem is, when you are wearing fishnests, they don't cover much. Due to the angles, lights, and the increase in contrast and color correction, there are Four shots (out of 6 total) where you can see just about everything. We are all underage (17) or just 18 and had to scrap all the shots and erase the tapes just out of paranoia. There's 5 bucks and an afternoon making out with someone I hate down the damn drain.

We keep a megaphone on set at all times angusware.
UFProductions
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by UFProductions »

I went deaf. You felt a girl up. Please shut up. *wink*
Losing consciousness,
in the arms of an angel,
I find only peace.
challengerbravo525

many encounters with the gardaí whilst filming REGENERATION
Today's Bread TODAY
ctbullet
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Your film experiences..

Post by ctbullet »

AgentDick wrote: One of the scenes in a movie I'm in for a friend involves me and a girl making out on a couch. I hate this sort of thing
lmao, GAYYYYY

if you read on he probably isn't but still rofl
Our Combat Years: In production
[img]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a69/ct_bullet/wolfvisionpbanner2.jpg[/img]
http://wolfvisionp.tripod.com