CAT C Productions Website

A general forum for all messages that don't quite fit into the other forums.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

SE7

CAT C Productions Website

Post by SE7 »

Hey guys.. I have recently updated my website. It's not very good because it's a freewebs, but untill I buy a hosting service, this is the best I can do.

It's pretty plain right now, but I'll put more stuff on soon...

Anyways, it has a couple of short films, and some info...

http://www.freewebs.com/catcfilms/

Thanks,

SE7
SE7

RE: CAT C Productions Website

Post by SE7 »

Please check it out guys, and tell me what ya think!! Anything I can do to make it better???

Thanks,

SE7
Jperson
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Jperson »

One thing is that it it's a freeweb. I suspect a lot of people of were put off by the freewebs bit of it.
OK:

-I'm not sure about the 'Cat C Productions' logo. A bit basic, a bit boring...
-Also why is the page title '|'??
-Although it is quite a nice homepage it is bland and quite boring...Maybe a little off putting to the viewer/user.
-May I suggest putting the news on the home page? and having the stuff ont he homepage maybe on a seperate 'about' page or just at the bottom/top of the current homepage.
-The actual news items are rather boring and just plain facts. You need to pad them out and make them a LOT more interesting.
-Also at the top of the news page it says 'recent news'. Surely it should just say 'news' because this page will hold all the news on the site??
-On the films page you have both your films on the same page. As you expand your portfolio and make more films this page will become tragically large and slow to load. -Wht you should do is just have a link a description to/of each film.
-Maybe a more detailed section on each member of the crew?

Generally I think your main crime is making it quite boring and un-interesting. You need to add more content, more interesting text and maybe more images. There's quite a lot there to think about/do/consider etc. but it's quite a good website, it just needs a bit of a polishing. Remember, you don't have a captive audience so you have to draw them in...with interesting bits etc.

I also reckon you should have a links page with links to maybe matthawkins, Google Video, YouTube etc. Whatever sites you think are cool.

Also if this helps I'll put a link from my site (tinite.com) to yours. :D
[url=http://tinite.com][img]http://onstoryline.com/Atinitefilmsstrip.gif[/img][/url]
angusware
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by angusware »

^^His site is better than yours.(jokes) anyway, I liked it, I argee with Jperson on the logo and all the stuff he said...