chernobyl.. a silent hill theme

A general forum for all messages that don't quite fit into the other forums.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

challengerbravo525

chernobyl.. a silent hill theme

Post by challengerbravo525 »

I've been given the opportunity in a few years time to go to chernobyl..and movie wise instead of making a documentary about the place....it reminded me of the likes of silent hill..ghost town purgatory movies etc....so this is what i will attempt to make their..any thoughts or suggestions on how i can make it a day worth while
DEDFX
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

RE: chernobyl.. a silent hill theme

Post by DEDFX »

I thought that place was still unsafe to go to, it would be cool if it was still "in ruins" like the time it was abandoned. IDK if you can make a movie out of it, I'd just take good shots of it if I were you.
Jperson
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Jperson »

Yeah I would sorta take some nice angles, some template shots, even, to test your greenscreen skills on? I dunno...but it sounds cool. And what is the radiation levels in chernobyl at the moment?
[url=http://tinite.com][img]http://onstoryline.com/Atinitefilmsstrip.gif[/img][/url]
challengerbravo525

very good ideas..yeh it depends..if i stand 200 metres away..i get the equivalent of a chest x-rays every 2 hours..if i stand 100m away i get 1 chest xrays every 5mins but if i go into the reactor itself i get the equivalent of 30 CHEST X-RAYS EVERY SECOND! as for the ghost town i am only allowed 2 hours filming time before i develop an extra testicle ^_^
Today's Bread TODAY
DarkElastic
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by DarkElastic »

Wow, it could come in use one day!!!

It would be a great party trick!!!
O. M. G.

Orkney Movie Group
www.orkneymoviegroup.co.uk
challengerbravo525

indeed ^_^
Today's Bread TODAY
Jperson
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Jperson »

That would be cool to have a 3rd testacle...lol :)
[url=http://tinite.com][img]http://onstoryline.com/Atinitefilmsstrip.gif[/img][/url]
challengerbravo525

lol! then again my kids would probally turn out not as i know them...merci for your ideas on what i should do their....ghost town here i come!!!!!!!!!!
Today's Bread TODAY
Bodysnatcher
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Bodysnatcher »

just to but in, I am a CBRN Defence Instructor (Chemical, Bio, Radiological and Nuclear) among other jobs and we had to do a lot of studies on the place, If you go (which yu can as a tourist), you will need special permission from the government, you have to wear a huge protective suit, you cant get closer than about a mile from the site, and you can only stay for a VERY limited time. even the tanks that were used to evacuate the area were abandoned as they stillc arry (to this day) enough radioactive source material to really f*** your day up! bottom line, the only way to see anything is by helicopter, they fly so high as to avoid kicking up the radioactive dust, but due to the exposed portions of the exploded core, they dont hang around. if you want, dro me an email and I will send you some footage from a helicopter, its in russian but has got English subtitles. top tip: dont bother. (but the third testical could be useful?)
http://www.freewebs.com/bodysnatcher-productions
UFProductions
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by UFProductions »

While it is certainly correct that there are many areas in the Kiev Oblast (region where the Chernobyl reactor is/was) that are unihabitable, the actual amout on radiation you recieve varies greatly depending on what happened there during the disaster. Yes: if you get close to the reactor itself you will die almost certainly. There is another area where radioactive material was buried (trees that had been radiated by the directly exposed core: they glowed red at night) where the radiation is high enough to kill you. Some people still live in the region (many of them have died due to years of radiation exposure) and it is commonplace for people to travel through the dead zone. This site is excelent: a Ukranian woman who has traveled extensively in the dead zone by motorcycle Kid of Speed. The site design is a little shakey, but there lots of material to sift through.
Losing consciousness,
in the arms of an angel,
I find only peace.