Boom Pole Help Quickly

A general forum for all messages that don't quite fit into the other forums.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

youngfilmmaker
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Boom Pole Help Quickly

Post by youngfilmmaker »

I just got a boom pole, and a shock mount today. How do i attact it with the microphone? I am so confused.
www.freewebs.com/skyrocketstudios

The majority of Americans - the ones who never elected you - are not fooled by your weapons of mass distraction.
-Michael Moore
youngfilmmaker
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

RE: Boom Pole Help Quickly

Post by youngfilmmaker »

I think, i just got it. =]. I think everything is ok. Just one question. The mic needs to go through the rubber bands rite? and if it does it wont fall? And there are a hole in the pole is that for the cable? there is also one in the end.

The majority of Americans - the ones who never elected you - are not fooled by your weapons of mass distraction.
-Michael Moore
slimdog55
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by slimdog55 »

Here is my K-Tek KE-110CCR Boom Pole with a Audio Technica AT8415 shock mount. The microphone is an Audio Technica AT4053a hypercardioid.

I don't know what shockmount you have, but what you're supoosed to do with this shockmount is to lift the bottom rubber band on top of the top one, then put the mic in. This will secure the microphone so it won't fall out.

As for the cable, my boom pole is internally wired. If you don't have an internally wired boom pole, just wrap the cable around the length of the pole.

Here is a close up of the rubber bands. This is to secure it.

Sorry about the poor picture quality. The pictures were dark and I had to brighten them in Photoshop.
youngfilmmaker
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by youngfilmmaker »

I got it. Slimdog thank you for your help. I appreciate it =]. The pictures are great =].

-Michael Moore
slimdog55
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by slimdog55 »

No problem. I'm here to help. If you got any more questions, feel free to ask.