feed back from my film making site

A general forum for all messages that don't quite fit into the other forums.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

nigel101

feed back from my film making site

Post by nigel101 »

hi ive been running on film making website for couple years now and i was after feed back. what could i do to make it look better? what info should there be more of?

http://www.makingthefilm.net
WWW.ALIENRISING.COM
[img]http://a745.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/20/m_06109da51426e24555193bf1d6acfb00.jpg[/img]
WWW.MAKINGTHEFILM.NET
rep22
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by rep22 »

Ok, the things I noticed right off the bat. 1. You have loads of content, which is good. Makes me feel like I'm visiting a legit site. 2. You could try adding more color to the home page. The set up is good, but just to make it look a little more appealing, you could add a dark background, or tile a small image. 3. There are tons of links on the left side. It's good that you've got lots of information and pages for the visitor to see, but I think it's kind of an eye sore. Maybe you could try combining some of them. For example, instead of having all four of the "How 2's" You could have one "How 2" link, that when selected drops down, revealing the four options, or that link itself could take you to another page with the four options.

I'll look deeper into your site so I can give more of a review. But that is just the stuff that I noticed after first loading the page. Hope it helps! :)
DEDFX
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by DEDFX »

It'd be great if this wasn't your 3rd thread on you own website........

Other than that, try to use your own information instead of using other people's.
Vor
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Vor »

At least it isn't one of his threads where he's saying "Hey look at this good film making site I found!".
DEDFX
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by DEDFX »

I beleive you are thinking of "found this site has loads of info on budget film making."

If you need help. why not just look at what other people said about it in your other thread?

here the link viewtopic.php?p=126137&highlight=#126137
rep22
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by rep22 »

Interesting, thanks DEDFX for pointing that out. I hadn't come across that thread. Now that I think about it, a lot of the topics sounded familiar, didn't really look into any of them though.

Sounds like you made a bad move, buddy. Not exactly the type of work that gets you top honors on this site...
nigel101

Post by nigel101 »

oh yeah tht link its amazin!"! lol
thanks for feedback.
WWW.ALIENRISING.COM
[img]http://a745.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/20/m_06109da51426e24555193bf1d6acfb00.jpg[/img]
WWW.MAKINGTHEFILM.NET
Vor
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Vor »

You plug yourself too much...