Film Festivals

A general forum for all messages that don't quite fit into the other forums.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

youngfilmmaker
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Film Festivals

Post by youngfilmmaker »

How do you guys find out of which festival to enter to?

What are your resources?
www.freewebs.com/skyrocketstudios

The majority of Americans - the ones who never elected you - are not fooled by your weapons of mass distraction.
-Michael Moore
DEDFX
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

RE: Film Festivals

Post by DEDFX »

Check out your local library for some near you or go to google and type in filmfestival driectory, or something along those lines.
Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

RE: Film Festivals

Post by Kentertainment »

Go here: www.withoutabox.com and make an account. I recently submitted a film of mine to the Dam Short Film Festival and had to make an account here...truth be told almost any festival requires you to make an account just because the place is doing so well. Anywho, since I made an account I almost daily get newsletters from them that highlight festivals and talks about them. Using the info given on them, just see if you truley believe you have a film good enough to make it or have a chance at least. The newsletter will also give you a deadline and the fees...it's a good source...

If you're looking for festivals here is where I submitted...
www.www.damshortfilm.org (entry I believe has passed)
www.hollywooddvfestival.com (Got an e-mail saying the dealine was pushed to December 31st, entry fee is $15)
nigel101

Post by nigel101 »

2 ways on buy a book called ultimate film festivals surival guide and the other is go on britfilms.com

now i told you tht check out makingthefilm.net and alienrising.com
WWW.ALIENRISING.COM
[img]http://a745.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/20/m_06109da51426e24555193bf1d6acfb00.jpg[/img]
WWW.MAKINGTHEFILM.NET