Youtube vs Google Video

A general forum for all messages that don't quite fit into the other forums.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

Google Video or Youtube?

Google Video
27%
Youtube
73%

Total votes: 11

youngfilmmaker
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Youtube vs Google Video

Post by youngfilmmaker »

Which one is better? Which has better Video quality? Which one do you upload your videos into?
www.freewebs.com/skyrocketstudios

The majority of Americans - the ones who never elected you - are not fooled by your weapons of mass distraction.
-Michael Moore
madcowmovies

RE: Youtube vs Google Video

Post by madcowmovies »

google bought youtube, just saying that lol. But heres what I do, If I have a long video 15+ mins, I put it on google video, if it's a shorter video I put it on youtube, seems to me that youtube has better quailty. Or you can apply for a youtube director acount and have videos longer than 15 mins.
http://madcowmovies.com
youngfilmmaker
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by youngfilmmaker »

anyone else xD

The majority of Americans - the ones who never elected you - are not fooled by your weapons of mass distraction.
-Michael Moore
UFProductions
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by UFProductions »

I went with Googe Video, just because I like the site design and uploading better, but really it's a negligable difference. That and, so far, I've only uploaded things to Google video, it's nice to be able to use the same account for so many things.
Losing consciousness,
in the arms of an angel,
I find only peace.
Clarence
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Clarence »

Youtube most definatley appears to have cripser picture quality. It seems like Youtube is more of a community thing where you get people to comment on your work, while Google video is a place to host your work and link to it. I'd probably use Youtube for the picture quality (and lack of crashing my computer; which Google video tends to do :()
lethelgirth87
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by lethelgirth87 »

It really depends on the quality of the file you upload. If you upload a diseased WMV file as opposed to a high quality divx AVI file, the AVI file after google or youtube converts it to their format will be better than the WMV.
I had a Youtube account but I closed it because it took forever to upload and you could only upload up to 10 minutes at a time without a director account, which is pretty retarded. I use google video now because of all the features. It has a desktop uloader so I don't have to worry about IE crashing when I'm uploading. Then it has a download feature (which youtube does not have) so that you can download videos that a psp/ipod ready but will also play in iTunes, Quicktime, and Nero Showtime. Also google video seems to upload faster than youtube. All in all Google video, in my opinion, is far better than youtube.
"Prolly Just Film"
Ornsack

Post by Ornsack »

YouTube has the better video quality. For some reason there's no smoothing on the video so it's always really pixellated.

I also don't like Google much because it's near impossible to get the video to play at the position you want it to.

I think I just like the YouTube community. It's easy to talk to creative types and get your stuff noticed. Google's a bit faceless.

Plus my stuff seems to get more hits on YouTube :)

I don't mind Google really, but these things tip it over the edge.

Give it a year or so and I'm sure Google and YouTube will be identical and probably even the same website ;)
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loFABl-1Zcw]THE SALESMAN - YouTube[/url]
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

It doesn't matter to me as long as I can watch the media I want to. I upload all my material on my own servers.
maj_barnes
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by maj_barnes »

I prefer youtube. But most of my old stuff before my computer crash is on google. :)
mickcar73
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by mickcar73 »

google video is better quality vidoe plus it uploads so much , i got the entire hour an a haklf of regeneration on it, but youtube is better for everything else like tv show or jus general stuff, google video is jsut really narcky about whats put on it its just so clean cut
youngfilmmaker
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by youngfilmmaker »

I have youtube and i was thinking of also makin a google account. But i wont bother =)

-Michael Moore
OutcastJiob
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by OutcastJiob »

Dailymotion > all.
People shouldn't be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.