Horror Film Festival being organised in Scotland, advice plz

A general forum for all messages that don't quite fit into the other forums.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

Lawriejaffa
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Horror Film Festival being organised in Scotland, advice plz

Post by Lawriejaffa »

Greetings there!

Right, so my name is Lawrie Brewster, I am a director and producer in Scoltand. I am posting here to get feedback from you guys on the kinds of things you would like in a horror film festival.

Here is the resources I have at present.

We have a nice 600 capacity theatre with a 35mm projector (and digi projector) The location is Kirkcady, which is a large town of 60k, about 40mins from the capital Edinburgh.

I would like to make the festival a commercial festival, (supported by local businesses) and for it to dish out awards and some cash prizes (hurrah)

This would require charging film submissions. What is a fair value for this however, and what would the correlating prize money be for any of the various categories on offer. (any suggestsions too on those categories.) But then theres another prob, the event has about 3 hours (with this venue) well more than that but lets call it 3.

So, should I aim it towards horror short film submissions? For those who can make it they would be interviewed on stage etc, (others who could not would record short 'hello' clips to be played, where a camped up MC speaks to 'them.'

The whole festival would have a kind of camp cabaret feel to it, but would actually be wanting to show the most intense stuff getting made all over the world.