Any of you seen Stuck On You?

All aspects of low budget special effects.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

Vamp
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Any of you seen Stuck On You?

Post by Vamp »

Is it possible what they were doing in the Chroma Key scene? Having something come through on a monitor instantly with the chroma effect already rendered (Keying out a total person)
www.neverdead.co.nr
Raptor
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Raptor »

I haven't seen it, but I assume it is something done with a video switcher that does real time keying or a cam with an UltraMatte installed that also does real time keying. Same thing your local News weatherman does everyday :)
The UNDERGROUND
[url]http://theundergroundtv.com[/url]
Music television for unsigned bands
slimdog55
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by slimdog55 »

Yes, I've seen it and I loved that movie. It's really funny. Ya, that chroma key scene was really cool. But I also don't know how they did that. But whatever Raptor said, is probley how they did it.
Vamp
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Vamp »

Well, what happens is that there are these siamese twins, one of them lands a role on a tv series and in order to get rid of the one, they key him out. Now the thing is, they just had a camera hooked up to a monitor and the one twin was in a blue suit and he was not coming through. I'd expect they'd need a backplate or something! I hate not being able to watch a movie without having to rack my brains thinking about this stuff :)
www.neverdead.co.nr
U.S.Amateurfilmaker
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by U.S.Amateurfilmaker »

Raptor wrote: or a cam with an UltraMatte installed that also does real time keying. Same thing your local News weatherman does everyday :)
I've seen that in action ebfore, but I have to say that it is not nearly as good as post-production keying. There is this booth in a mall near me where they have a chroma screen set up and real time keying equipment. Then they charge like $30 for a tape of you in a scene. It's pittiful, there is tons of green overflow around the person, and it looks very unprofessional. I always feel like going up to them and telling them just that. (But then again the average person doesn't know the difference, they just sit there and go "WOW, how did they do that?!" Pittiful. ....Sorry, kind of OT there, but oh well. :mrgreen:
CEO
Dimension 9 Studios
Raptor
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Raptor »

Well to do it right it will be a studio cam with UltraMatte, and the keying there is almost perfect, assuming the lighting is correct, which in a studio setting should be damned near perfect. I wouldn't base the results from a professional broadcast studio on a mall kiosk :)
The UNDERGROUND
Austin

Post by Austin »

you guys have seen this effect millions of times...do you watch the news, cause they do the same thing with the weather reports! they dont use UltraMatte either. they just have a machine that does chromakeying, its not a program, its hardware. My school has this same thing, im in a class called TV Tech, and we have a blue screen that we use all the time.
Raptor
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Raptor »

Austin wrote:you guys have seen this effect millions of times...do you watch the news, cause they do the same thing with the weather reports! they dont use UltraMatte either. they just have a machine that does chromakeying, its not a program, its hardware. My school has this same thing, im in a class called TV Tech, and we have a blue screen that we use all the time.
That would be the video mixer.....:)
The UNDERGROUND
Gyro
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Gyro »

YEAH! never seen it but it sounds right
@seanbagley
Vamp
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Vamp »

No, but the thing was that they keyed out the guy... They had no backplate or anything! Wouldn't the guy just leave a black spot?
www.neverdead.co.nr
Austin

Post by Austin »

chances are that they did have a backplate, seeing as how you cant do blue screening with out it...
They had to of either taken a picture of the set, and put it infront of a second camera or they acctually did run the feed through a comp with the picture on it