Filming a person getting hit by car/bus

All aspects of low budget special effects.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

HDVideo

Filming a person getting hit by car/bus

Post by HDVideo »

I am trying to create a scene where someone gets hit by a vehicle and it actually looks like someone gets hit by the vehicle. Not showing a vehicle approaching and then cut to a shot where someone throws him/herself back. If anyone has scene the short film "Lucky Penny" on the tv show, On the Lot, where the guy gets hit by the bus. Any suggestions is helpful. (another short film you can view for an example is found here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JS-SxjZpm0)
Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

RE: Filming a person getting hit by car/bus

Post by Kentertainment »

I just did this about a month ago...

viewtopic.php?t=10591

The only thing I can really tell you is what we did and that was...we had a person who had trained skills with this kind of work, stunt padding, precautions. The video you posted kind of looked like computer generated effects.
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

RE: Filming a person getting hit by car/bus

Post by Epsilon »

I rather enjoyed that movie!
HDVideo

Post by HDVideo »

Kentertainment
I had already scene that video. Great effect by the way. I am just looking for a little different effect. More like the one that was on The Lot. I believe i can pull it off just wanted to know what others were doing.

Thanks.
koonarts

Post by koonarts »

I actually made one recently of me getting hit by a train for a church skit. http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... &plindex=0
stevenhunt03

Post by stevenhunt03 »

yo should have a look at Ten minute film school on the Once upon a time in mexico dvd, i think it is that special feature or another making of on that dvd
Zacatac927
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Zacatac927 »

because of you, i surfed youtube for 3 hours looking at people being hit by various vehicles....

you are now hated
@Zacatac927

www.vimeo.com/zac927
kene555
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by kene555 »

It can be done with After Effects or even an editing program. You will need to do some Photoshop work, and do some split screen, but it can be done quite effectively.

I believe that this was done using that technique.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbcPB63l1xU
CREATE FOR THE SAKE OF CREATING

http://www.neighborhoodstudios.com
koonarts

Post by koonarts »

Mine is kinda screwed up because you can see the change in frame but besides that i thought it wasn't that bad it was actually all done in premiere
koonarts

Post by koonarts »

Anyone have any tutorials for after effects 5.0?
Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Kentertainment »

My only suggestion would be to have a still framed shot (not still as in a photo) and on the left of frame (or vise versa) have a person standing and then jumping backwards as if he has just been hit. Then I'd film it again but this time just a car going across the frame. Overlay the frames and cut out the left side of the frame with the car so the guy is standing there. Once the car hits where the guy is just make the frame with the car drag over the frame with the guy. I'm not sure if you know what I'm talking about but that's the best I can describe it.