Sony HDR-FX1

Capture hardware, software and techniques

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

pete1234

Sony HDR-FX1

Post by pete1234 »

Hi, Just wondered what everyone thought of the Sony HDR-FX1?

I used one the other day and was so impressed/stunned/in love I just ordered one :D

has anyone had any experiences with t his camera?
Lawriejaffa
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Lawriejaffa »

Well personally id have gone for the Z1 with XLR's to connect fancier mics (or even that newer Sony HDV coming out with progressive scan - name of which, er something 'E' lol)

That said tho, it sounds like this is ur first 'fancy' camera (definitions of prosumer etc are so subjective arent they hehe)

So in that regard, congratulations, im sure you'll have a long and happy relationship with yer new camera hehe (cos they are like girls!) You'll get a great image for its cost (HDV using tapes)

So sure, have fun and post some HDV soon as to let us all see :) I myself use the Panasonic HVX200.
JARHEAD

Post by JARHEAD »

Hey,

Next year I might get the HVR-V1U, quite similar to yours. When you get it would you be able to make up a file with some footage taken by the camera?

I'll be nearly the same as the one I am hoping to get, if you can to can you take some photos?

Thanks,

Jared
Growlingdog Productions
http://growlingdog.net/
jared@growlingdog.net
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

Hey, I own a FX1. It is a great, little camera. The only thing that separates it from a prosumer line is the fact it is missing XLR inputs. But if you are recording audio seperately, it doesn't matter anyway. The coloring and correction options are outstanding. The low light capture is remarkable, much better than most cameras I've used. The lens is a 72mm width, so you can get a really wide apature and desireable low depth of field. The automatic focusing is heads and tails above the Panasonic equivalent. The image just has that wonderful classic Sony look. The coolest feature is the native widescreen aspect. You can crop it down to standard 4:3 is need be as well. You will have a fun experience with this camera! :)