I need a camera

Capture hardware, software and techniques

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

madcowmovies

I need a camera

Post by madcowmovies »

Alright boys, I've been shooting on a consumer Canon Minidv. Not even sure of the model. And I think its the right time to step up to prosumer. (my dang cam. doesn't even have a mic in.) I've been looking at the Canon Gl1 it's right in my range (700-1100) at what I'm looking for but I don't think you can find them new, since the Gl2 came out. And do they even have a wide screen mode? Anyways I need someone to recommend me a camera in the 700-1100 dollar range. I'm new to these higher end cameras. Any help is greatly appreciated.
http://madcowmovies.com
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

RE: I need a camera

Post by Epsilon »

You won't find a higher end camera for less than a thousand dollars, or at least one that offers manual functions. For now, focus on the creative aspect of your projects. Keep saving your cash until you have about twice that, then get yourself a real decent piece of equipment!
madcowmovies

Post by madcowmovies »

Any recomendations?
http://madcowmovies.com
pete1234

Post by pete1234 »

Yeah, a good one to go to is the canon XM2 (or GL2 if your in america)

Expect it to cost about 2500dollars.

theres no point blowing 1000 on a inermediate camera, you might aswell save abit longer and get a proper one...
DEDFX
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by DEDFX »

It doesn't seem like your ready for a prosumer yet, Epsilon's right about your story making a bigger difference than your camera. The Canon GL2 is alright but there's a lot better out there in the 1 grand range, maybe a used XL-1s?