A question about the Canon GL2

Capture hardware, software and techniques

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

wildstorm
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

A question about the Canon GL2

Post by wildstorm »

For anyone who uses the Canon GL2 what settings do you use for shooting outside during a sunny day, cloudy day and shooting inside the house? I'm tinkering around with this thing and the video images are either too bright (outside) or dark(inside) or grainy. This is the first high priced camera I'm using and I read through the manuel but I can't seem to get a really good quality video image and stuff.
Visual Effects Artist
Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/visualchaosfx
NPMAX

RE: A question about the Canon GL2

Post by NPMAX »

Manually white balance the thing, do not use the auto settings, same for the focus. Also be aware of your light sources, last year when i was shooting video for a rapper i was managing I noticed the lighting was off due to the way the bar was lit, and the way I white balanced the camera, actually turned out well blue and red tints to each shot depending on what angle i shot from it was by accident. Really your best bet is to just play with it in different situations and see what you like, and rememer how to do so. A buddy of mine who has a GL2 as well did the same, when we compared shots of the same thing it was amazing how the settingswe chose made the difference in the looks.