Suggestions please...

Capture hardware, software and techniques

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

Skitz-O-Phrenia

Suggestions please...

Post by Skitz-O-Phrenia »

I am finally getting a new cam :D

I have about $1500us to spend. Pretty much the only thing I really care about is having 3ccd... other than that Im not gonna be too picky.

Then after I sell my car I am going to get a vx2100 and whatever I get right now will be the second/backup cam.

Any help would be apprectiated
slimdog55
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by slimdog55 »

Check out the Sony HDR-HC1. It's a HDV camcorder. It doesn't have 3 CCD's, it has 1 CMOS chip. I got this about a half a year ago and love it! Just save up another couple hundred dollars to get it. It can be found for around $1,800.

http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTERSH ... SKU=HDRHC1

I got mine at Best Buy.
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

I'm quite fond of my Sony HDV-FX1. If you have the cash, I do recommend it for the money.

I suggest waiting and save up more money to buy a piece of equipment you will enjoy and get more out of, rather than trying to go for something cheaper now. But if you really like something, go for it! Be sure to spend the time trying it out before you buy. That way there aren't any surprises. ;)
Skitz-O-Phrenia

Post by Skitz-O-Phrenia »

well...

We had decided on waiting and spending around $3200 on a nice setup... But we just hooked up with a band and we have our first paying gig on the 25th. We will be recording them at a battle of the bands and possibly making a video for them as well. So... we really need to get a camera now. But every penny we spend now takes away from the camera we will get in the near future...

We were looking at:

Panasonic PV-GS150 $540 shipped
Panasonic PV-GS180 $560 shipped

and if this is really worth $100 more then maybe:
Panasonic PV-GS300 $660 shipped