Video capture problem

Capture hardware, software and techniques

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

aarocha

Video capture problem

Post by aarocha »

Hi alls,

I hope somebody can help me in the following problem I have. I bought a JVC GR-D90 digital camera and a Belkin firewire PCI card, when I try to capture, the video comes fine but the audio is a mess, it is like the people talking in the middle of the Antartic only dressed with its underwear. My configuration is as follows:

AMD 1.050 Ghz
512 RAM
80 GB HD
Windows 2000 Advanced Server.

I tried to do the capture with the followings programs and I had the same result: Adobe Premier 6.0, Dazzle DVD Complete and Ulead MovieFactory.

Thanks,

Arty
Matt
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Matt »

How is the audio being recorded on the camera, 12bit or 16 bit ? Does it mess up on both ?

Does it play back ok from the camera to a tv ?

Anyone else's PC you can use to see if it is a problem with your Firewire card ?
aarocha

Post by aarocha »

I will have to try those tests. The only thing that I'd test is in another computer, but with the same firewire card and the same result.
The audio is recorded 12 bits.

Update: Well I try with the TV and it is fine, audio and video.

[Edited on 12-2-2003 by aarocha]
pip

Post by pip »

Are you capturing the footage to the same physical drive, that the operating system is installed on?
Windows doesn't like that kind of stuff as the IDE cables (these link your hard drive to the motherboard) cannot cope with the amount of data floating about .. the operating system (windoze) and the footage streaming in and converting to data.
In short buy a second hard drive with a at least a 2meg buffer and running at 7200 .
later!
Ornsack

Post by Ornsack »

I captured some footage on a secondary eide cable on to a 5200rpm hard drive the other day, and played it back, and it was absolutely fine. No dropped frames, perfect sound, no 'artifacts', superb!

Are you sure it's the capturing process and not the playback process? See if you can get hold of a DV clip captured on another PC and play it back on your own PC.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loFABl-1Zcw]THE SALESMAN - YouTube[/url]