Help! Camera troubles...

Capture hardware, software and techniques

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

Clarence
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Help! Camera troubles...

Post by Clarence »

I'm using a Canon ZR65 MC camcorder. It's been sitting in it's case for about a month now. I took it out, and turned it on...but all the LCD/Viewfinder displays are these verticle bars, almost like a "waterfall" of color. It's really weird. When you move the camera around and point it at different things, the colors change. It's like looking at the image stretched vertically so much that it looks like lines.

Here's a picture.

We'll just take it to the camera store tommorow. But has anybody ever seen something like this before? :?
UFProductions
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

RE: Help! Camera troubles...

Post by UFProductions »

That looks assey. Have you tried recording something and playing it back elsewhere, like on a TV or computer? The only thing that comes to mind is that you may have magnetic damage, was it stored near a speaker or a microwave? Or have there been any EMP bombs detonated in your region recently? :D
Losing consciousness,
in the arms of an angel,
I find only peace.
Clarence
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Clarence »

hahaha. I'm starting to think that it's something to do with the lense...because the text on the screen and all of the menus are fine, it's just the video. But, I have a protective thing over the real lense, so I don't see how anything could have damaged it. Puzzling :(
Clarence
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Clarence »

Alright, just got back from the camera store. Turns out that the imaging chip that gathers the image and displays it was fried. So, the camera must have fallen or something a while ago and now it's taking effect. It's been sent off for repair. (sorry for the double post)
Zacatac927
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Zacatac927 »

mostuire (i didn't spell that right .........i know)
@Zacatac927

www.vimeo.com/zac927