Serious Problem With Capture Card. . .

Capture hardware, software and techniques

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

OutcastJiob
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Serious Problem With Capture Card. . .

Post by OutcastJiob »

Okay, I've got what you might call a major problem with my video capture card.

One day a while ago, it just died. Stopped working with absolutely no warning and no reason why it should have. I was merrily capturing video and it just quit.

I've tried anything and everything, including uninstalling/reinstalling all drivers and software, physically removing the card, uninstalling the drivers and software, putting the card back in and reinstalling, you name it, I've done it. Nothing helps.

Is the card dead, or is there something else I can try? I'd like to avoid buying a new card since this one is. . . hmm. It's less than two years old. It's a Pinnacle AV card, I can dig out the specific model if that would help.
People shouldn't be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

RE: Serious Problem With Capture Card. . .

Post by Epsilon »

I suppose there's always that possibility of something overheating and burning up. Especially if you do not have proper cooling of the case.
Raptor
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Raptor »

Is it analog or Digital captur? (Firewire or svideo/composite ) If firewire, try the cam on another crd, it's possible the firewire port on the cam is blown.
The UNDERGROUND
[url]http://theundergroundtv.com[/url]
Music television for unsigned bands
OutcastJiob
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by OutcastJiob »

No, it's a PCI card plugged into a PCI slot on my motherboard. I've tried shifting the card from slot to slot, so it's not the cardslot either.

I put in another hour or two attempting a fix, I think the card is permanently destroyed. Something along the lines of what Epsilon said. I'll be installing an additional fan and getting another capture card.
People shouldn't be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.