In need of Whoosh Sounds

All aspects of sound and sound editing including MP3.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

Combat_Mike

In need of Whoosh Sounds

Post by Combat_Mike »

My attempts with a Spatula to create Whoosh sounds have turned up mixed results. They sound good for natural things such as stuff being thrown, but I need something with a more powerful dynamic range for some things which have whooshes for dramatic/cartooney effect (poses) which do not occur in real life and sound less natural.

Does anyone have straight Whoosh noises with a sample rate no lower than 44000Hz and 16 bits (stereo preferable)?
freed

RE: In need of Whoosh Sounds

Post by freed »

Get a gun sound effect, reverse it. and there's your whoosh. make the speed high for a quick cartoony whoosh.
Sgtpadrino doesn't pose topless on public forums like a bellend.
Combat_Mike

Post by Combat_Mike »

I've tried it, Can see how that could work, but I'm not a big fan of the end part, too abrupt.

A genuine canned whoosh would have an "after twag" as it were
Clarence
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Clarence »

Someone on another forum said to try swinging the actual mic around. Haven't done it, but it might work. Search on Google for "Whoosh Sounds". A lot comes up. If you want a really good whoosh sound though, you'll probably have to pay for it or make it.
Combat_Mike

Post by Combat_Mike »

Clarence wrote:Someone on another forum said to try swinging the actual mic around. Haven't done it, but it might work. Search on Google for "Whoosh Sounds". A lot comes up. If you want a really good whoosh sound though, you'll probably have to pay for it or make it.

My first attempt in studio was a spatula, which sounded fine when I placed it against actions like throwing, which I wanted to sound more natural then canned, but for stylized stuff like poses it wasn’t powerful enough.

If I were to swing the Mic how then would I use a pop filter or avoid any kind of distortion that would occur. I can see it kind of being like blowing air directly on the Mic without a pop filter.
smokeythebear
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by smokeythebear »

well it said you wanted cartoony so just yell woosh worth a shot
www.myspace.com/kendallfx
rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by rhys »

There are so many of those sounds on the net when u try and find punch sounds, cos it always comes up with 'punch woosh' and 'punch fast' and stuff like that. Look it up.
Hide or fight for your life?
iCEbLuEORbitZ

Post by iCEbLuEORbitZ »

i dono how this will sound, but try recording a passing car through a tube of some sort, like pvc, or a vaccum hose.