"whoosh" sounds

All aspects of sound and sound editing including MP3.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

robosays21

"whoosh" sounds

Post by robosays21 »

hey im wondering if anybody knows where i can get some "whoosh" sounds.(you know, like if something flies by the camera)

DEDFX
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

RE: "whoosh" sounds

Post by DEDFX »

Search the web for "whoosh sound fx", there will be tons, if there's not then search for "free sound fx".
wildabeast009

Post by wildabeast009 »

You can make your own fairly easy. You just need a microphone on your computer or MP3 or something, and just experement. Many things around the house can be used to make sounds they usually don't.
You know what's a fun game? Take 3 Excedrin PM's and see if you can whack off before you fall asleep. You always win, that's the best part about the game. -Cal, [i]The 40 Year Old Virgin[/i]
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

A belt or a measuring stick.
crossfire
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by crossfire »

or some sort of stick, liek a broomstick and just swign it around, it wont be a perfect whoosh, itll be more like a whistley whoosh but i doubt anyone would care
You blithering, blathering, bloody, back-stabbing b*tch
DEDFX
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by DEDFX »

I just needed a whoosh sound for a quick close up for a movie I made last Saturday. I used my $2 microphone for my computer and made it with my mouth, then added echo effect all in Start>Programs>Accessories>Entertainment>Sound Recorder... best sound recording software I ever had.
crossfire
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by crossfire »

ROFL, if you had windows movie maker you could have recorded with that, but then again you wouldnt have been able to add echo. How did the whoosh sound?( the one that you made)
You blithering, blathering, bloody, back-stabbing b*tch
Clarence
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Clarence »

Lots of (Hollywood) films just record the sounds by using normal objects. However, they have incredible mics and equipment too. I was in a Sheet Metal shop the other day, and there were hollow tubes of metal. I turned one on it's side and tapped it with a dowel, and it made a cool "bang" sound with an echo. It would sound good for a trailer when the film title comes up.