Who wants hi-quality sounds?

All aspects of sound and sound editing including MP3.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

Mr.Anderson
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Who wants hi-quality sounds?

Post by Mr.Anderson »

Me and wildabeast might possibly set up a sound effects site. My dad has professional level recording studio where we can create our own sounds. and these would be good too, not all muffled out like on some crappy sites. They would be pretty clear, and we have plenty of objects and tools to use for sounds. Just wondered if anyone would actually consider buying these, for a price in cents some where each. We havent decided all this yet, just want to know if it would be worth it.
"People can misinterpret almost anything so that it coincides with views they already hold. They take from art what they already believe."

-- Stanley Kubrick
wildabeast009

RE: Who wants hi-quality sounds?

Post by wildabeast009 »

Yeah, and we would have some free samples or something so people could make sure we weren't ripping them off and stuff. Just to re-assure the customer and to show how what quality they were. I have noticed it can be quite hard to find really high quality sounds. So, maybe this will work... Any thoughts?
You know what's a fun game? Take 3 Excedrin PM's and see if you can whack off before you fall asleep. You always win, that's the best part about the game. -Cal, [i]The 40 Year Old Virgin[/i]
UFProductions
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

RE: Who wants hi-quality sounds?

Post by UFProductions »

Hmm, yeah I probably would, but there are a couple features I would look for. A couple free full quality samples, just to show how good they are, then low quality MP3 samples of everything, so you know what you're getting.
Losing consciousness,
in the arms of an angel,
I find only peace.
slimdog55
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by slimdog55 »

I agree with UFProductions, we would need a few free full quality samples. Then I would consider buying them.
wildabeast009

Post by wildabeast009 »

Good. That's sorta along the lines of what we were going to do about free samples. Glad youu're intrested.
You know what's a fun game? Take 3 Excedrin PM's and see if you can whack off before you fall asleep. You always win, that's the best part about the game. -Cal, [i]The 40 Year Old Virgin[/i]
Sebas

Post by Sebas »

mmm, I don't think many people will buy sound effects unless they are really good. Sites like sounddogs offer alot of effects for free so..

Many sites have sound effects and you have plenty sites with good sound effects so people aren't that desperate in my opinion
Kaas
Mr.Anderson
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Mr.Anderson »

Ive noticed that alotta sites including sounddogs have a few good ones mixed in with a lot of crappy, muffly sounding kind. Using some of the pro quality stuff my dad has i gurantee we can make alot better. And like wildabeast said we'll have a whole page for free effects. We might be able to start doing this around summertime.
"People can misinterpret almost anything so that it coincides with views they already hold. They take from art what they already believe."

-- Stanley Kubrick