royalty free batman

All aspects of sound and sound editing including MP3.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

videoman7790

royalty free batman

Post by videoman7790 »

anyone have any idea where i can find a royalty free batman theme? My tv show needs one and im going nuts trying to find the song.
if i could just have a link to some place where i could buy it.
hey does anyone have any video stuff they dont want anymore? ill take it for free. email me at

homestarfreak13@hotmail.com
pdj
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

RE: royalty free batman

Post by pdj »

Ok-you need to start learning how to get maximum results from the net...SEARCH tools both on this forum and Google are powerful..so use them! This took me a few minutes to find using said methods

Heres the theme> http://www.audiosparx.com/sa/play/play. ... _iid.23278

Here's a good free sounds search site> http://www.findsounds.com/ISAPI/search.dll
videoman7790

Post by videoman7790 »

okay but if i purchase it, dont i still have to pay for copyrights. i dont want the real theme.
hey does anyone have any video stuff they dont want anymore? ill take it for free. email me at

homestarfreak13@hotmail.com
pdj
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by pdj »

I doubt you will be showcasing your movie around the country for an entry fee...Even the 'Batman Theme' by the Hoodo Guru's [im using an example] would be copyrighted- nearly everything is.

Read the terms and conditions. I believe it's only a once of fee of $1.80 to download. Do you have Kazza or one of those other things- try there as you might be lucky
Raptor
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Raptor »

SInply buying a copy of a song does not give you the rights to use it in a video.. you will need synch rights, distribution rights, performance rights and possibly a master license. Buying the song by paid download or even on a cd only gives you the right to listen to it. That's one of the reasons we only air original music from bands on The Underground. We cans ecure all those rights directly from an unsigned band. With music that has been published and recorded you may need to contact mulitple companies to gain all the rights you would need. Now one general thought here is that amateur films don't have to worry about clearances because of the limited scope, or that "it's not making any money". Doesn't matter ... your use of uncleared music still is a violation of copyright laws unless you secure proper licensing. Trust me, we're not making any money on the TV show either, but if we used anything uncleared, we would be liable as well as the local Fox afiliate that airs the show. Just as an example in tonights episode, we had HL2 on the computer screen during our hosts' standups introducing the videos etc... cloeared, a transformers poster on the wall, cleared... a can of Mountain Dew in Chris's hand during the band interview.. cleared, Budweiser/Coor's light posters on the wall of the bar cleared mentioning the names of three bars during the show.. all cleared via property release. The botom line is, all these releases were realtively easy to obtain... some of them,- the alcohol releases especially - had s ome restrictions on the use of the product. No one under 21 , no 'excessive drunkenness' , no illegal activity, or anything else that would show the product in an unfavorable light....
Get into the habit of getting releases. If you need music find a local band that can do the music for you, and get the appropriate licensing from them for it.
Also,, just to clarify some terms. Royalty free music does not mean free music. It simply means after you purchase the appropriate licensing, you can use the music in multiple productions, or for unrestricted reproduction and distribution without additional payment.
Even if you r only distribution of your film is via the Internet, then you are in fact distributing the product without a license, and one popular ( at least for the copyright owners viewpoint) is that each viewing of the infringing product constitutes a 'copy' - therefor when they go to court for damages, they could charge you a license for each view of your movie.
All that being said, it is unlikely that you would be hauled into federal court for copyright violations. Unlikely but not unheard of. Many copyright owners defend their rights with a vengeance, and rightfully so. If they are aware of your infringing acti and take no action to stop you, then a infringer who is making big bucks from use of the same coprighted material could use a defense stating that since they did not pursue you for copyright infringement that they in essence abandoned their copyright and he material is now in the public domain. With the RIAA's actions against downloaders, I wouldn't want to be the one to be put to the test. It could be an expensive proposition for you, or your parents...
And yes PDJ, everything, once it is created and fixed in a tangible media ( written down, filmed, recorded, painted, drawn or carved ) automaticallyu becomes copyrighted material.
Another common misconception is that you can use a certain amount of material ( 30 seconds is often thrown around ) however this is absolutely wrong. Use of any length is a violation of the copright, at least in any country which is signatory to the Byrne Agreement, which would probably include most of us if the copyright is US, or from any other country which does not specifically include a use clause. So while it may be legal in the UK to use 30 seconds of music - that would only apply to music that was coprighted in the UK, and only for products distributed in teh UK. The Byrne Convention guarantees the copyright laws of the country of Copyright will have precedence over the copyright laws of the country where the infringement occurred - unless the laws where the infringelment occurred are more restrictive that the laws of the country where the copyright was created. Confusing eh? Basically it means if something IS legal in your country, it is only legal iif the copyright covering the material allso comes fromt hat country.
*sigh* ya gota love all this stuff... but - bottom line is - if you are serious about your art, then take the time to do it right.
The UNDERGROUND
[url]http://theundergroundtv.com[/url]
Music television for unsigned bands