Police Station Background Noise.

All aspects of sound and sound editing including MP3.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

Gyro
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Police Station Background Noise.

Post by Gyro »

I have a film that was shot in a small room with a fancy set of angles and props to make it look like a Police Station so all I need now is the background noise to create the effect that my characters are actually in this station. Any ideas? Or do you guys have something like this or know where I can get it. Please don't say I'm going to have to compile it my self that will be a pain.
@seanbagley
Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Kentertainment »

It'll have to be a pain. I told you already! Just add in some phone sound effects then record a bunch of people talking, mix them all together and then tone down the volume a little bit.

Oh yes, maybe put some sound effects of a keyboard typing.
Carnage7p
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: Police Station Background Noise.

Post by Carnage7p »

Gyro wrote:Please don't say I'm going to have to compile it my self that will be a pain.
film making is tedious and can be painful at times. you should know this by now gyro. there is not always an easy way. heck the only easy way i can think of is actually go to your police station and record some sound haha. absolutely no compilation there. otherwise i suggest what kentertainment said.
Gyro
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Gyro »

Here's what I meant I was hoping somebody had ripped a sfx from some Tom Clancy game or something where there's some background copness.
@seanbagley
mistermo

Post by mistermo »

Gyro ive been thinking of the same problem i have a few scenes in police offices (we're using a friends old mans business building) but yea im resigned to having to do it myself..........my only other option was to use sum classic cop movies kojak, dirty harry etc........but unfortunately you seldomly get just ambience alone. Another option is to search kazaa or winmx etc..........but i think ill attempts using a mixture of phone rings, door slamming, printers running, the odd shout. What is your movie about?
canadianeh

Post by canadianeh »

well it won't be too hard if you go to your public library and get a cd of sound fx.
CaptainAmerica

Post by CaptainAmerica »

I'm in this movie!
Matt Haight
Writer
Director
Meade87

Post by Meade87 »

You don't need a police station in particular. Making a sound file compiled from other sounds can sometime over do it. Sure why not grab a mic and record at a police station? But all of us U.S. citizens know that it is illegal to record in police stations. So why not a bussiness office. You could always walk into one of them get 2mins worth of sound and when they ask you what in the hell your doing you run! Its not their gonna call the cops.
-Rob(NYC)
[url]http://www.geocities.com/rmactor[/url]
U.S.Amateurfilmaker
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by U.S.Amateurfilmaker »

The mixing really should not be that hard. Like was said, just some talking sound effects overlayed by some ringing phones and police radio sound effects and there ya go. You've gotta be willing to put in the time if you want a great film, and that includes video as well as sound.
CEO
Dimension 9 Studios
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

What's wrong with just driving down to the local Police Station and asking to record the atmosphere for a few minutes?
movie_freak2

Post by movie_freak2 »

UFProductions
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by UFProductions »

Yeah, it's an old topic, but if this helps or not, it doesn't matter. I've got a series of eleven nice, clear police radio calls that you can have if 'ya still need 'em.
Losing consciousness,
in the arms of an angel,
I find only peace.
abodeofthedamned

Post by abodeofthedamned »

You could sound capture some of the radio traffic off of COPS. (The show or DVD's) They also sometimes have scenes in the stations themselves.
If eating babies is evil, then, yes, I'm evil.