Audio crossfade problem in Premiere Pro

All aspects of sound and sound editing including MP3.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

Syras
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Audio crossfade problem in Premiere Pro

Post by Syras »

i've been trying to crossfade two sound effects to get a smoother sound but it wont let me crossfade between them (with the transition rectangle bridging the two blocks) but will only let me fade out one or fade in the other.

it works fine with the sound recorded from my boom mic or camera but when it comes to sound effects it doesnt work. I've tried it with different sound clips (including two copies of the same clip) but it refuses to work.

I suspect it might be something to do with mono sound files with the "treat as stereo" option enabled as this is wat these sound effects are but other than converting every single one of my 5000 or so sound effects into stereo

is there any way i can fix this crossfade problem?
ipon70
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

RE: Audio crossfade problem in Premiere Pro

Post by ipon70 »

I have found if you are going from mono to stereo it wont work, nor the other way around. Use another program (adobe audition) to make the change to stereo and you should be fine.

I would just change over the ones you need for this piece and let the rest go for a bored weekend...
ipon70
www.nova-productions.com
www.lakesideentertainment.com

Latest Game [url=http://www.nova-productions.com/whack_a_bean.html]Whack-A-Bean[/url]
Syras
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Syras »

hmm i suspected as much. thanks for the reply!
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

The problem you are having most likely is that you are trying to cross between two clips when they are back to back each other. And since you cannot create data from nowhere, it simply cannot be done. You must overlap the sounds in order for a crossfade to work. ;)