Silenced gun shots?

All aspects of sound and sound editing including MP3.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

jcdenton
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by jcdenton »

You may use a mixture of a generic "silenced gun" sound and the sound of the impact, but as I said, the impact (esp. on short distances) is by far the most significant noise you'll hear, even when you shoot a stack of old newspapers. That's why there is no "typical" silenced gun sound. It depends on the situation. I know both, the game sounds and the real world sounds.

An other aspect is the usage of gun sounds in Movies generally. I totally agree. The movie business is working a lot with silly dramatisation. This is probably a topic by its own.

One thing I have realized is: almost in every movie a gun makes a strange "loading" sound when a guy pulls it out of his pocket :) this stupid - what sound is it? It's a 100% dramatisation sound, totally unrealistic...
Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Kentertainment »

I've ressurected an old topic but I'd rather do that then start a new one. Anywho, I need some silenced pistol sound effects (clicking noise rather than the phewwt). Could somebody send some to me at: kendawg14@hotmail.com (same applies as msn messanger).
jcdenton
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by jcdenton »

The only thing that makes significant noise (unless you shoot a block of gelatine), is the bullet that hits the target. And I think you can record that without a gun easily.

EG take a wooden stick of about 1 meter lentgh, then hit a stack of newspapers as much as you can. Sounds pretty much like a silenced gun.
OutcastJiob
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by OutcastJiob »

Kentertainment, I assume you have an airsoft pistol since you'll be putting the sound effects in for SOMETHING. So, take your microphone and recording system of choice, start recording, and pull the slide on the pistol. Pause, fire into something safe to remove the BB you just loaded, pause, pull the slide again. Then you just cut out everything except the "slide action" sounds you want to use. Digitally tweak and cut as desired.

I've gotten some pretty decent sounding clips with that method; try it and see how it works out for you.
People shouldn't be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.