Authoring multiple AVI files into one file

Ripping DVD material and converting to other formats (ie VCD).

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

smvogel73

Authoring multiple AVI files into one file

Post by smvogel73 »

Is it possible to re-author a string of separate AVI files into one long file? I've decrypted a DVD and converted all the applicable VOB files into AVIs, but what I really want is one long AVI that I can then convert to MP4 to put on my IPod. Somehow this must be possible, as I've downloaded whole movies before in the form of one (quite large) AVI file.
angusware
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

RE: Authoring multiple AVI files into one file

Post by angusware »

convert them and chuck them into an editing program, stick them together and export them. Otherwise just convert and play each chapter (or whatever)
smvogel73

RE: Authoring multiple AVI files into one file

Post by smvogel73 »

Thanks. That's kinda what I figured. Any suggestions for editing software? I tried just what you described last night with Windows Movie Maker that came with my OS, but I kept getting an error message that it couldn't "import" the file. One other question....
When you "explore" a DVD and ID the appropriate VOB files, do they still yet need to be decrypted before you can manipulate them? I have both DVD Shrink and Decrypter, but all I've ever used is Shrink for simple decrypting and backing up of DVDs.