The return of Foxwood, and his ideas for this flick

Forum for discussion of the Zombie Files project. A film created by the members of this forum based on an idea by forum member Foxwood.

Moderators: Moderator Team, Zombie Mod

foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

The return of Foxwood, and his ideas for this flick

Post by foxwood »

Ok I'm back and not fighting with my life anymore (in that I have my s*** togther now).

Well I had the begings of a script that I lost in a reformat a while ago, but my basic ide was that the videos were all things that a guy had found on the net about the zombie outbreak. That was found by commandos.

But baiscly here what we have to do, is everybody who wants to do this post the idea of what you want to film, or any other ideas that you have for what would be a cool skech.

Here are a few of my ideas, I think I can probably film the ones listed below, as they are coming up with people that I have in mind etc.

The main linking idea a group of radiers (survivers who are scavaging for stuff).

The televanglist saying that this is brought down from hell etc. (got a friend who I can make look old and he can bring down that southern baptist fire and brimstone.)

The survivlist guide. A guide to how to defend yourself and be a survilist man, hes broudcasting from his basement stronghold, etc. Guess I am coving the spectrum of steriotypical americans.

Zombie tanking suit (a jackass style view about some kids who make a zombie killing suit, think homor bear repelant suit, I am seeing armour, a chainsaw, spears fun s*** like that)

General new casts, it would be cool if we could get this from each nation that is involved, So that its not just CNN and Fox parodys get some BBC Skynews and whatever they have in Austraila, sorry not totaly fermiler with your media down there.

and I'll post a few more ideas after class. Just everybody ealse post your ideas here, so we can see how its looking and I will personaly start writing this weekendish.
Last edited by foxwood on Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ctbullet
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

RE: The return of Foxwood, and his ideas for this flick

Post by ctbullet »

don't have a clue what your talking about...
Our Combat Years: In production
[img]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a69/ct_bullet/wolfvisionpbanner2.jpg[/img]
http://wolfvisionp.tripod.com
film fanatic
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by film fanatic »

ctbullet, TRY READING THE FORUM.
Bodysnatcher
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Bodysnatcher »

Ok I'm back and not fighting with my life anymore (in that I have my s*** togther now).
Good to hear Foxwood! Lots of people were up for this (myself included) what shappening with it then? Have a few jobs on at this end but if its going ahead then will make arrangements. I take it you have updated yourself on comments from the original thread? Will be waiting out. good luck!
http://www.freewebs.com/bodysnatcher-productions
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

I need to go back and refersh myself on everything I put down idea wise in type, but the idea is still rattling around in my head, look for another massive update, I'm going to run with this as it seems the easyist to make and still not flunk collage. But I am totaly now back and want to go a head with this project.
XhuntedoverlordX

Post by XhuntedoverlordX »

I'm head of my school's film club. We've got editing software, human resources, and a Canon GL2. We're looking for some kind of film project at the moment, so let us know what we can do to help.
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

will do
Bodysnatcher
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Bodysnatcher »

Bodysnatchers are in, have an idea that will fit with current projects so keep us posted.
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

well just post your idea thats what we are trying to get, all the ideas in one place.
Bodysnatcher
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Bodysnatcher »

Can I email you direct? (I dont want to tie up the forum?)
SgtPadrino
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by SgtPadrino »

Actually, I was writing a short story that might help to give you ideas. Here it is -

existential apocalyptica

May 25th, 2005

What can I say about today... just got off work - it's 3:30 PM now, and I started work at about 4:45 AM. Hell, I've still got the whole night ahead of me and I feel like I'm in bed with the day already behind me. My girlfriend said something about going out tonight; guess I'll have to tell her I'm sick or something. She's been after me for so long about quitting that telling her I'm too tired from work to go out is just going to cause more problems than it'll solve.

Eh, I've already written enough about her in this entire journal, I feel like I should knock it off. The relationship isn't even that strong anyway. This weekend I'm heading up to my cousin's house; his brother's getting married, and I'm going to be on the wedding party. At least I've got a reception to look forward to - wedding receptions with my family are truly a sight to behold. Anyways, it seems like I've rattled on enough about nothing. I'm going to get plastered and fall asleep.

May 29th, 2005

Been a few days - the reception wasn't a complete travesty. Turns out my sister just went through a bad break up, got trashed and spent half an hour stumbling through a heartwarming rendition of "Afternoon Delight," much to my father's dismay. It was good to get away from the world, in any case. First thing I hear when I get back is more bullshit about a new flu strain that's come up in God knows where. As always, the media's hyping it up to be the epidemic that ends it all. Every time I turn around, the papers, magazines and TV are all telling me that the world is on the brink of destruction, and the only way to bring us back is to buy their products. f*** off and give me some real news.

A night out is what I need. Even after a weekend vacation. I'll take Katelyn out to that movie she's been looking forward to. I need to check my work schedule anyway.

May 31st, 2005

After taking a quick look through my gun cabinet, I soon realized that I hadn't been out shooting in quite some time. This was reinforced by the thin layer of dust I found on the receiver of my AR-15. I spent the afternoon cleaning them, then called John to see if he wanted to take a trip out to Wildcat Den on Saturday. It was probably against my better judgment, considering his idea of a good day out shooting is drinking beer, listening to Toby Keith and taking pot shots and clay pidgeons with his Conquest shotgun. He's cut down on the beer, thanks mostly to my incessant talks about innebbriated riflemen. Hopefully he hasn't resumed the habit in the intervening weeks.

I also noticed I was low on .223 rounds, but John said he had three bricks in his own cabinet, so I was sure he'd let me borrow a few hundred for the day anyway.

It's actually kind of profound for me, since I was an anti-gun activist type when I was a kid. But eventually, growing up as a guy in semi-rural Iowa, guns start to grow on you. And now I have an AR-15, a Glock 18, a Colt .45 and an M9 Beretta. Funny how things turn out, isn't it?

June 1st, 2005

What a way to bring in summer (say what you will, summer has always officially started for me on the first day of June,) with all this s*** about that new flu. Even my dad's starting to get a little perplexed, and he was always the rational one. Evidently the South Korean government is taking major steps to quarantine - some newspapers have been spreading rumors about mass executions, which is getting to me, despite the fact that I haven't trusted the media in nearly twelve years. The US military stationed in the DMZ have even been shifted to deal with "chaotic urban centers," mostly around US interests. Of course. Ah, there I go again. Shouldn't even get started on the Iraq bullshit.

With all the ruckus this flu thing is causing, and it's halfway across the goddamn world, I'm worried about the kind of reaction if there ever was a case of it over here.

June 5th, 2005

That's it, I'm an official jinx. There's a case of the flu over in San Francisco. As you can imagine, South Korea has gone into complete lockdown, and San Francisco is soon to follow suit. The way this thing has ripped through Asia, it's kind of obvious there is no immunity to it, at least over there. The government's been characteristically tight lipped about a possible vaccine, which is another way of saying we've got nothing, and that's not going to change in the near future.

I've really got to cut myself off again. I'm so worried about the world these days I can't even enjoy a night alone with Katelyn anymore. It's just... this seems different. This whole thing seems different. Even the anchors, reporters and journalists, who can usually inspire terror without expression or emotion, seem tense.

What if this is it?

June 6th, 2005

I turned the TV onto CNN for the first time in God knows how long, and it just made my life that much worse. This... thing spread from San Francisco. Last time I heard it's gotten as far east as Phoenix. In a day, it's gone from San Francisco to Pheonix. I'm not calling it a flu anymore, because after what I saw, I don't know what else to call it. It was home video, shot by the son of a woman who had it. I had no idea how he could do that; I figured he was a doctor trying to spread the word about this... disease. She was strapped to her bed, to prevent her from hurting anyone, as she was violently thrashing about. Her skin was pale and hanging loosely about her, her eyes and teeth a sickly yellow. There was a bandage around what seemed to be a large, hemorraging wound around her neck. and she was gnashing her teeth together, making it look like she was trying to sit up and start eating the cameraman, which she very well could have done if her head wasn't belted to the sides of the mattress.

June 7th, 2005

I woke up at about 5:30 this morning, gripped by a sudden paranoia. I dressed quickly, and drove into Muscatine, which had a Wal-Mart just inside town. Though I made it a habit to avoid the place out of principle, that seemed rather irrelevant this morning. Even at this time of day, there were people there. I cut through the store as fast as I could, trying to reach the sporting goods store in back. A few other people seemed to have the same idea, because there was a large crowd of people nervously milling about the shotguns, ammunition and hunting/wilderness survival gear. Considering that this part of the store is usually empty this time of year, I should have been bothered. Instead I just grabbed several boxes of 9mm ammunition and waited patiently in line. The .223 rounds and .45 ACPs would have to be bought at Quad City Shooting Sports in Rock Island.

By the time I got to the store, it was 7:30, and Steve was just opening up. Luckily enough I'm friends with the guy, and considering the state of things he tossed in an extra 500 5.56 FMJ's with my already large order, which also came at 25% discount. I thanked him profusely and left, heading straight home. There was already a message on my answering machine; I had been fired. In my paranoid fervor I had neglected to show up for work during the past few days. I didn't care. I had a busy day ahead of me anyway.

June 7th, 2005

As soon as I left the gun store I headed straight for Sam's - it was near 53rd street, across the river, and would normally take about fifteen minutes to get there. Instead it became forty five minutes of waiting in snarled traffic on the I-74 bridge. Influx of summer vacationers. Hopefully. When I finally did get to Sam's, the place was packed. I had always avoided shopping there, since it was more of a warehouse where you'd go to stock up in the immediate threat of nuclear fallout than a department store. Ironic, since I never thought I'd actually need that kind of store.

I tried to use as much common sense as I could. It wouldn't make much difference if the gas cut out, since my house is warmed by a water heater, and the stove is electric. And water is fed from a well, so the only way I'd be completely f*** is the electricity went out - food wouldn't last without power to the freezer or refrigerator, no way to cook the food I had, but what about water? All of the water that comes up from the well is fed through a purifier first, so if the electricity cut out, so would the purifier, so yes I would be f***. Of course, heading back into town might be an option, but one that would potentially get dangerous in a hurry.

I mostly stocked up on canned foods - nothing that needed any real cooking (maybe fire would be a viable alternative, if I kept it hidden from view - during late fall, winter and early spring most of my property is visible from the highway - during the summer the timber around my house is grown over with mullberry trees, weeds, oak and walnut trees, so anything I would do out back would be safely out of view. Unfortunately that means looters could reach the back of my house undetected, but I'll deal with that later.) I also got a large supply of bottled water, as well as extra gas canisters, light bulbs, AAA and AA batteries - the absolute essentials.

It took some time to completely unload this stuff when I got home, as I had nearly maxed out my credit card buying it. First, I put the extra ammunition in my gun cabinet, then started stocking the pantry with the food I'd gotten. I realized how insane this would seem to another person. Well, maybe at another point in time, taking into consideration everyone who seemed to have the same idea I did.

I noticed Katelyn had called, but by this time it was about 6:00, and I had been awake for over twelve hours. I resolved to call her back once I took a quick nap.

June 9th, 2005

I ended up sleeping until 3:00 PM the next day. Katelyn had called three more times. I finally got a hold of her, and she was distressed, to say the least. Her parents live in downtown Denver, and apparently the spread of the virus (I don't know what else to call it) has caused massive rioting across the eastern states. She hasn't been able to reach them, and hasn't heard anything from them. After I hung up the phone I sat for a long time staring at the blank TV screen. There was an old newspaper on the coffee table. About a month old. Back when there was nothing more important than a high profile lawsuit involving some rapper. Finally, I turned on the TV.

Images of death, destruction and mayhem flashed on the screen. Riots in Paris, London, Berlin, Tokyo. Random, public murders committed by groups of attackers. Brutal, cannibalistic slayings where the victims were left without internal organs. I spent the night leaning forward, drinking it in.

June 10th, 2005

I woke up early again. I must have fallen asleep in front of the TV, because the first thing I saw when I opened my eyes was the news that the riots had spread as far east as Des Moines. Two hours from me. I lit a cigarette and paced about the house restlessly. Finally, I stamped it out and head out to the garage. My dad had been using my garage to store sheets of plywood, and I had more than enough to start fortifying my home.

I concentrated mostly around the back and west side of the house, as those were the areas that could be approached from the timber, without me being any the wiser. In front of my house was a different story entirely. An entirely open field with a single driveway leading towards the house. I spent more time on the first floor windows, due to the fact that these windows were literally on ground level, and decided to leave the top floor for tomorrow.

Sitting back down on my easy chair, guns spread before me, I lit another cigarette. I had turned the volume on the TV down far enough that was now nothing more than ambient noise. I sat there for an hour or so, lost in thought. I tried to call Katelyn, but the call wouldn't go through - too much traffic I guess. Same with my cell phone - network out of service. I was worried about her, and I wanted to see her so badly it hurt to think about it. But I was scared to leave. Maybe the rioting has already started, and I'll end up burning alive in my car if I tried to reach her. I buried my face in my hands, feeling completely helpless. I began to feel incredibly tired, despite the amount of sleep I had been getting as of late. As I nodded off, I saw something scroll by on the TV, but I figured I was just seeing things.

"The bodies of the recently deceased are returning to life..."

I woke up at 10:00 PM or so, and walked to the bathroom upstairs to take a leak. It felt like everything was all right for that first few moments. Like when my mom died, the night after I first heard the news I woke up, temporarily forgetting what it was that ripped my life apart. I happened to glance out the bathroom window, and I was stopped cold. Everything that was tearing my world apart came rushing back to me, and my blood turned to ice.

I bolted downstairs. The TV was still on, the apocalypse unfolding in real time. I soon realized that I had not been seeing things - bewildered anchors relayed the news that was coming in from across the globe - "The bodies of the recently deceased are returning to life, and attacking the living." Intercut with the grim headlines were clips of angry pundits shouting at each other -

"Everyone they attack is dying and coming back - anyone who comes into contact with these things needs to be dealth with immediately."

"Wait, dealt with? Just because violence is spreading doesn't mean we are to become executioners and barbarians. This is a disease that can-"

"Don't f*** tell me this can be dealt with by developing a vaccine, these people out there don't have that kind of time."

Of the guns spread out on my table, the glock was the only one that wasn't stripped. I grabbed the magazine and loaded as many rounds as my shaking hand would allow, then slapped the clip into the bottom of the gun and rushed out the door, snatching the car keys off of the counter as I went.

Despite what was happening less than two miles ahead, the interstate was nearly completely deserted. I could only guess that people were trying to escape by the four lane highway a few miles north of town. I charged down the two lane at nearly 120 mph, praying fervently that Katelyn was still alive. There are no atheists in the midst of armageddon.

As I neared town, the staccato of automatic weapons fire, accompanied by the thumping bass of heavy machine guns, were soon heard. Massive explosions lit up the night sky, and the dull roar of a society tearing asunder filled my head, and shattered my ear drums.

The main way to get to downtown was across the railroad tracks and through main street, but I could soon see that this would have been a bad idea. Already I could see a military checkpoint, but the group of soldiers fighting off an advancing mob made it obvious that was not the way to be heading.

I turned into a side street and was soon speeding along once again. The sights I saw there, I will never forget. Burning houses; screaming children; burnt out hulks of vehicles; soldiers, policemen and citizens alike fighting off what only can be described as walking corpses. It was a nightmare that no mere man could ever conjure. It was a nightmare that no drug could create. It was a nightmare that there was no waking from.

I reached Katelyn's house. Her front windows were smashed, and blood stained her front door and pooled on the ground below one of the windows. The faster I ran, the farther away the house seemed to get. And then I could hear a struggle. Snarling, screaming, yelling. I used the full force of my momentum to break down the door, knowing full well that it was probably unlocked. I reached her living room. Katelyn was lying on the floor, crimson blood streaming from her throat. One of those things was on top of her, tearing into her with ravenous hatred. I dropped it with two rounds to the side of the head.

I knelt beside her. She was already too far gone to say much of anything. I just remember the terror and pain in her eyes. Someone was talking, but I don't remember saying anything. Maybe telling her I was sorry, or that an ambulance was coming. Not then. Not never. Not anymore. I don't know how long I stayed there beside her after she was gone. I just remember listening to the hell just outside the broken window, trying to wake up, trying to fix things. And then, she came back.

A quick jerk of her head brought me instantly out of my trance, and I scrambled backwards. I'd heard what they said on the news, but the distrust of the media that I was vainly grasping at gave me a small sliver of hope. Those yellow, lifeless eyes and rasping groan weren't what bothers me. What bothers me is that I didn't hesitate to put three bullets into the face of the woman I love at point blank range.

June 21st, 2005

Everything between now and then has almost become a blur. I don't remember how I got back home, or when. I just remember regretting to buy more detergent than I had, as my clothes were soaked in blood.

I brought myself out of it about two days ago to double and triple check the fortifications around my house. At first I was relieved that I could now only hear the occassional burst of automatic rifle fire, but when I realized that the TV stations had stopped broadcasting, the weight of the situation began to press down upon me.

I tried to keep myself occupied with menial tasks - scrubbing dishes, cleaning my guns, but to no avail. The same thoughts kept running through my head.

This is it. This is the end. There's nothing left.

I can feel it. There's nothing outside now, but I can feel it. This is only the beginning.

July 4th, 2005

Exactly one year ago I was lighting a cardboard tube filled with black powder. My brother and I would always do dumb s*** like that, especially back when we were kids. With two sons aged 10 and 11, most mothers would disapprove, but my mom's response was always the same - "If you're that stupid, you deserve to get your arm blown off ya little s***."

Of course everyone would laugh - the running joke was that my mom's family was a bunch of angry drunks, which was only half-way true. But for some reason, even though I didn't get to play with more volatile explosives, 4th of July was always a lot more fun for me when I was a kid.

My uncle Mike would bring his pickup out to my family's acreage, and we'd lay out on the lawn at the back of the house watching the fireworks being launched from the baseball field in town. A few years in a row we were driven inside by violent thunderstorms, which provided a spectacular show in and of itself. Since I was terrified of thunderstorms, my brother and cousin would make fun of me, but that's just the way kids are. Were.

Without the worries of adult life, playing a violent game of tag with your friends and family and drinking all the Mountain Dew you could handle, pausing every once in a while for a spectacular yellow-green sky flower or lighting a few firecrackers was bliss that I've never again matched in my life.

----------

Hope this helps.
ZombieKrieg2005

Post by ZombieKrieg2005 »

am getting footage together from excersise to make a BBC 24 rolling news style piece on the british army trying to control the infection. Is it a virus creating the zombies or what? and how does it spread? is it direct contact bites, blood to blood or does anyone who dies turn into one? Good to hear your back Foxwood.
http://lyssophobiaproductio.tripod.com/
Theshapecool
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Theshapecool »

I'm planning a video blog type of thing from a UK army soldier who thinks this is world war 3, hes over exited about it and basically a real wally, it will get him and his mates killed. It will be handheld, gritty and almost blair witch style. This guy is a real trigger happy warnut and dosent at all understand the situation.
Good to see you back Foxwood, this film is gonna be a keeper.
Sledge Films Ltd, 'Independent film making since 2003'

www.RussDiaper.com

'This House is sacred to him, he has all his memories here, HIS RAGE!'
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

So far good ideas, I'll read the short story after class. The zombies have that no explanation kind of like remero zombies. and it is transmited in bites.

Read the story, was very good think there is total potental to have that done as like an audio recording. Insted of him writing it out he is talking into a recorder that ends up on line. Or we could see much of that text as VO and see him do it, (though the conecting story is just reading it.)

the rolling news from britian is perfect, glad to see that we now have two nationaltys newes reprented.

And the troops is also a good idea. Like what I am seeing so far, because they are good ideas that all fit in with the theme of zombies and internet comunication and media. (God I am such a mass communication major its not funny anymore. 8) )