Really cool idea for a colabritive movie.

Forum for discussion of the Zombie Files project. A film created by the members of this forum based on an idea by forum member Foxwood.

Moderators: Moderator Team, Zombie Mod

UFProductions
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

RE: Really cool idea for a colabritive movie.

Post by UFProductions »

Yeah, a certain degree of editing will be necessary, the "edited" in my above post was in quotations in reference to having an edited look to the finished product. It won't work if the shots have multiple angles and everything, like in a real movie.
Losing consciousness,
in the arms of an angel,
I find only peace.
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

exactly, I think maybe two thirds of the finished picture will be edited to look it and about a third will be home video, but that estament will probably change, really depending on how much stuff comes in, since this is going to end up being a long flick, acutaly feture length.

Here is the Project doc that I have started working on so far it outlines a few characots and such, as ideas come in I will update http://foxwoodent.com/~filmguy/Zombie%20flick.doc
film fanatic
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by film fanatic »

Great idea! Count me in!
Meade87

Post by Meade87 »

2010? Now, that means it starts now? Eh.
-Rob(NYC)
[url]http://www.geocities.com/rmactor[/url]
Matt
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Matt »

What sort of time frame are you thinking? Me and Adam are interested (although I havent actually spoken to Adam yet!!). For us it would have to be April cos Jan/Feb/Mar are hollow point related. After that we will be looking for new film projects. Something short will suit us because we are bored with projects that take us 3 years to complete :)

Some thoughts :

I think everyone should provide their footage in normal DV format (PAL or NTSC) to keep it consistant. That way it can be encoded by the master editor to its final format. This may require posting foxwood a DVDR or miniDV tape. The final film could then be encoded as maybe a DVD version and a web version. People can maybe pay towards disc and postage to be sent a final DVD copy ????

As for editing ..... foxwood will not want 10 hours of raw footage from each film maker so I would suggest everyone edits their bit as a complete section. foxwood can then sort out the transitions etc and maybe intercut between sections if appropriate.

We should set some sort of guidelines for how long each persons section is going to be. If everyone sends in a 15 minute section the whole idea won't work. You really need to set a runtime range of 1 to 5 minutes perhaps ??
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

As for a time frame, I looking at spring time, mainly whenever people get get their parts, done, I know I can't start on anything until I finish editting my project. As for time limits on the pieces, since we are going to know what everybody is doing some of the segments might be five min some might be longer, really just depending on how everything falls toghter, I was doing some thinking at work today, and am going to update the outline file that is above.

But ya, everybody is going to want to edit their own piece and then just send me a DV tape, so we can incode in one format. But when I comes to running time, I thinking that this could end up being close to a two hour movie, maybe longer, since we have seen that I have no problem with long stuff. (of corse a web version would be broken in parts, for easy download.) And there might be segments that get cut down or cut out of the final product and moved to a special fetures section, but I will save that for a very last resort.

There will defently be a DVD copy, and I really want to enter this into a bunch of contests, so we need to try our best to keep things as copy write free as we can.

Cool more and more suport, I will have some more on this later, as things start to come toghter. One thing I need to know is what kind off effects people we have, because this is going to not only require green screan work but I'm guessing some parts will need the backgrounds worked on so that they look destroyed, so if I could get people to say what they can do effects wise that would be killer.

and Matt glad to have you on board.
And going on somthing Matt sugested, I am going to tinitvely title the project "Zombie files" I will probably change, but a title is better then no title right.
Matt
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Matt »

Not using copyrighted stuff is good because the final film will be 100 percent our own work. For better or for worse.

Another thought is to make it more of an 'experience' rather than a traditional film. By this I mean something like a DVD with a menu system where the main menu is a map of the world. The user can select a country and be taken to a sub map where they view 'zombie files' from that 'Hot Zone'. News reports, eye witness testimonials, camcorder diaries etc. That way the user isn't watching a 2 hour film but browsing a collection of stuff.

Thinking about it you could still do both. A full film version and an interactive version.
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

Musics a problem then. Anyone compose? Play any intstruments?
Sigs suck a**.
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

well there might not be a ton of music thanks to the format, but we have SIP which has Lute I know he does music, and I'm sure we can find others.

Ok another large desigen doc by me has been posted.

the first (incase you missed it) http://foxwoodent.com/~filmguy/Zombie%20flick.doc
The second http://foxwoodent.com/~filmguy/Zombie%20files2.doc

Both are about 3 pages, and in .doc format.
Grant

Post by Grant »

So what is the go? Who? What? When etc? Does all footage have to be in documentary style etc or can it be just a short film like piece? I need input!
Matt
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Matt »

I am willing to set up a special forum for this project if that would help collate information ....
U.S.Amateurfilmaker
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by U.S.Amateurfilmaker »

Don't count me in acting/filming wise, but I'm really good at photoshop as well as motion graphics and editing so just tell me what to do and I'll do it if I can.
CEO
Dimension 9 Studios
Grant

Post by Grant »

yes Matt a special forum would be great and some direction lol
Grant

Post by Grant »

ok people, Foxwood etc. I think the guidelines should be laid down etc and a plan formed. We need to make a step forward if everyone is serious
chchaisson1

Post by chchaisson1 »

I could compose some creepy music for the film(s), if you want.

Also, I'd be willing to make a website for the movie with a domain name.
New site released!
Join the Forum!
http://www.boathouse-productions.com/
wildabeast009

Post by wildabeast009 »

My team is in. I'm southern US, so I can get a woodsy feel. This sounds really cool.
You know what's a fun game? Take 3 Excedrin PM's and see if you can whack off before you fall asleep. You always win, that's the best part about the game. -Cal, [i]The 40 Year Old Virgin[/i]
2nd_Recon
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by 2nd_Recon »

I'm in. I have an idea for what I think would look good (And also be easy to shoot) I could do a Blair Witch-Style thing about a guy who is lost in the woods on a hunting trip when the zombies appear...
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

You don't need a parachute to go skydiving. You only need a parachute to go skydiving twice.
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

cool, write it up and post in the sticky about shorts
JJJSWIFT

Post by JJJSWIFT »

JJJSWIFT PRODUCTIONS is in! Our specialty is zombie movies/horror movies so this will be sweet. We've already made a few and one of them is around 5-6 min...if u want documentary style we could re-do it/make a new one that would be really sweet or if ur just looking for an edited thing i can just send u that short that we made already just tell me what ur lookin for
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

just re-shot it in a docu style, as oposed to just re-editting.
JJJSWIFT

Post by JJJSWIFT »

kk will do...we are currently in the process of filming a movie right now too so im not sure when things need to be sent to u or whatever but i think spring time is a good time to do it
Grant

Post by Grant »

yes you have masses the clans Foxwood now they need direction and a plan.
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

Well the direction is we need to see everybodies ideas, I made a stick thred so that people can put their ideas there, and as the ideas come in we can start to put the movie into a form.
JoeColby

Joe Colby

Post by JoeColby »

yo, im with JJJSWIFT Productions and im def down with this zombie idea. We've made several zombie movies and Im also starting to really get make up down. Just wondering what the guidlines are though, can I go to town with my makeup? or keep it slightly toned down, cause if we want some gore I can do it.
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

RE: Joe Colby

Post by foxwood »

you can go to town with the makeup, I'm still working on the makeup tutoral though I would appreseate any makeup questetons be put in the make up sticky.