Hmmm... This idea sounds ridiculous.

Forum for discussion of the Zombie Files project. A film created by the members of this forum based on an idea by forum member Foxwood.

Moderators: Moderator Team, Zombie Mod

DorianRoads

Hmmm... This idea sounds ridiculous.

Post by DorianRoads »

I hate to be really, really negative and cynical, but this idea is just not original. The collaboration part is clever, and could make for an interesting series, but zombies? Because we haven't seen that a thousand times? You'll essentially have about a thousand movies that look like garbage, and have the same plot. It's boring. There's a series of short films that I think... Robert Altman may have had some hand in...(dont quote me on that), where each movie is about a single handgun, and how it gets passed around a city, families, criminals, etc. With an idea like that, you could actually make something that is somewhat rewarding for anyone watching it. At least it'll have some themes?

Zombies? There hasn't been a truly original zombie movie since Dawn of the Dead (original). Making a thousand zombie movies called "The Week" (erg)... ?

This collaboration idea is really cool though.
Vor
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Vor »

I don't think the title is "The Week", I think that's a completely different collaborative movie project.

Anyways, Zombie movies are now practically a genre, so saying making a zombie movie is unoriginal is like saying making a drama is unoriginal.
Clarence
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Clarence »

You've got your films mixed up, Dorian. "The Week" is a collabrative project concerning each day of the week. Each day gets a different type of film, but all are the films linked by some theme.

I don't think this project has a title yet.
Grant

Post by Grant »

the originality in it is the collaboration itself. So many directors with their own stories to tell
Jperson
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Jperson »

You've got your films mixed up, Dorian. "The Week" is a collabrative project concerning each day of the week. Each day gets a different type of film, but all are the films linked by some theme.

I don't think this project has a title yet.
Yeah, I wonder if we're actually gonna get round to doing this, if anyone still is up for it?
[url=http://tinite.com][img]http://onstoryline.com/Atinitefilmsstrip.gif[/img][/url]
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

I think its officaly dead at the moment, but if somebody ealse wants to organize it, the thing might get back on its feet. Hell I might pick it up after school if its still here.