HORRORS OF WAR on DVD in Japan

This forum is for announcing and discussing your films.

Moderator: Moderator Team

puje

Post by puje »

Im in Iraq right now and I found Horrors of War in an on base store owned by local Iraqis. I just couldn't resist and I bought it.
Man, that dvd has the worstt English subtitles I have EVER seen.
I like the story of the movie and all, what ruinwed it for me, was that it seems to me like you didn't have any kind of millitary advisor involved in the project...
Maybe it's just me who notices because I'm in the millitary myself...
[url]http://www.bigcow.dk[/url]
[img]http://www.bigcow.dk/images/boardlogo.GIF[/img]
puje

Post by puje »

Sorry doubble post
[url]http://www.bigcow.dk[/url]
[img]http://www.bigcow.dk/images/boardlogo.GIF[/img]
sonnyboo

Post by sonnyboo »

That's a bootleg of the ROUGH CUT and is NOT representative of the final cut of the film...
SgtPadrino
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by SgtPadrino »

Heh.. yeah, I saw you getting blasted on IMDB by everyone who keeps pirating your movie...

Funny, in a sadly ironic kind of way.
sonnyboo

Post by sonnyboo »

SgtPadrino wrote:Heh.. yeah, I saw you getting blasted on IMDB by everyone who keeps pirating your movie...

Funny, in a sadly ironic kind of way.
It's a rough cut of the film, without re-shoots & pickups, no color correction, pre-final edit, not the final sound mix, missing sound FX, missing music, and more - and these a-holes are bashing the movie. So would I. I hate that version & the final one it NOT out yet.

Here's what the REAL version of the movie is doing...

Horror of War has won a the CHRIS AWARD from the Columbus International film Festival in Columbus, OH and will play at the festival this November.
nigel101

Post by nigel101 »

looks like you've had some good and excellent reviews nice one. all the best!
WWW.ALIENRISING.COM
[img]http://a745.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/20/m_06109da51426e24555193bf1d6acfb00.jpg[/img]
WWW.MAKINGTHEFILM.NET
sonnyboo

Post by sonnyboo »

Thanks,

Moviemaker Magazine mentioned HORRORS OF WAR in the Fall 2006 issue on stands now...

CLICK HERE

plus we have a "HORRORS OF WAR" movie MYSPACE page up so be our friend & see a new trailer for the movie!

Thanks,
PJR
sonnyboo

Post by sonnyboo »

HORRORS OF WAR on DVD

HORRORS OF WAR will be released on November 6th, 2007 to Blockbuster, Best Buy, Amazon.com, Target, and more retail and rental stores.

CLICK HERE for more info on the DVD release

DVD Features:

• Audio Commentary

• Behind The Scenes Documentary

• 5.1 Surround Sound

• Interactive Menus

• Scene Selections

• Trailers

• Spanish Subtitles
Ornsack

Post by Ornsack »

Love the artwork on that version
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loFABl-1Zcw]THE SALESMAN - YouTube[/url]
kene555
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by kene555 »

I noticed this mentioned in the Videomaker mag, and did some research...didn't know you were in the general area :D

Looking forward to the release of this!
CREATE FOR THE SAKE OF CREATING

http://www.neighborhoodstudios.com
sonnyboo

Post by sonnyboo »

kene555 wrote:I noticed this mentioned in the Videomaker mag, and did some research...didn't know you were in the general area :D

Looking forward to the release of this!
Thanks. We shot a part of it in Youngstown and another big section in Mansfield in northern Ohio. The rest was shot in central & south Ohio.

My interview in VIDEOMAKER MAGAZINE, Sept. 2007 issue

ImageImage

This has me soooooo jazzed. It will be on newstands soon. They even used the picture of me with my Cincinnati Reds hat (I'm named after Pete Rose and Johnny Bench after all).

Many a thanks to VIDEOMAKER MAGAZINE!
- PJR
Fewof_lamb

Post by Fewof_lamb »

sonnyboo wrote:
Now can anyone tell me what int he hell they renamed the movie? I can't find a decent translation. I think it's "Hitler's Nazi Death Monkey DIE DIE DIE".
Hahahaha. Nice. I know the big writing at the bottom says "Deadman soldiers". That's fairly easy. The writing at the top is more difficult. I think i have worked it out to be "Hitler's final army-something". Sorry about the last word but i just can't work out the symbol. And with that symbol, it prob shortens to something better, like battalion or soldiers. I can probably work it out and get back to you. I'll take it in to my lecturer.

It looks fantastic though. Well done.
"there's only room for one number one... and i'm that number one!" - Chad Rockman

Davo
Akron Films
Victoria, Australia

E-mail: fewof_lamb@hotmail.com
sonnyboo

Post by sonnyboo »

Fewof_lamb wrote:
Hahahaha. Nice. I know the big writing at the bottom says "Deadman soldiers". That's fairly easy. The writing at the top is more difficult. I think i have worked it out to be "Hitler's final army-something". Sorry about the last word but i just can't work out the symbol. And with that symbol, it prob shortens to something better, like battalion or soldiers. I can probably work it out and get back to you. I'll take it in to my lecturer.

It looks fantastic though. Well done.
Yeah, I had since learned it was called "Deadman Soldiers" but I have no idea yet what the rest says, so please let me know!

Horrors of War WON "BEST HORROR FEATURE" in 2007 from the Bare Stage Theatre screenings in Red Bluff, California.

Since this was a screening and not a festival, I had no idea there was awards or prizes etc. This came as a shock to me to get the laurel leaves in an email this morning from these guys. That puts HORRORS OF WAR up to 5 awards so far.

Some audiences "get it", meaning the "B" movie aspects, the lack of taking itself too seriously. We weren't making the next installment of a Bruce Willis franchise. We shot out movie before GRINDHOUSE was even an idea. It's too bad the double feature bombed here in the U.S. because we could have ridden those coattails to the bank. Maybe on DVD people will groove on this as a low budget companion to the PLANET TERROR/DEATH PROOF discs. Then again, maybe not.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Just got in a few copies of the DUTCH Horrors of War DVD. They chose the blue Hitler cover art as well. This time actors Joe Lorenzo and Jason Morris made the back cover, along with a 4 shot (a Peter DeLane trademark 4 shot I might add). CLICK HERE to view the bigger DVD art image thingy

It's pretty darn cool to get your own movie from all over the planet. The day I stop getting excited about this kind of thing is the day I should stop doing this. I hope I stay this giddy about filmmaking the rest of my life.
Ornsack

Post by Ornsack »

sonnyboo wrote:Some audiences "get it"
I noticed that on IMDB! It's a shame really, but it's the perfect film for me in terms of film making. I dream of making a film that's loved by some and hated by others.

Quick question, did you ever see our Naughty Soldiers trailer from way back when? Different films but it's recently occured to me that there's similar themes
sonnyboo

Post by sonnyboo »

I have never heard of that movie, but the trailer is well put together. The cast seems a bit youngish, but overall it looks great.

IMDB is rating it based almost entirely on a bootleg of our unfinished roughcut, so it's hardly a fair assessment of the movie.
Ornsack

Post by Ornsack »

Yeah we shot it 4 years ago. Although I guess we were still of legal army age...I think...

I nearly did a naughty and downloaded the bootleg after seeing the IMDB fuss but I'm gonna import a copy when I have the moolah
sonnyboo

Post by sonnyboo »

Ornsack wrote:Yeah we shot it 4 years ago. Although I guess we were still of legal army age...I think...

I nearly did a naughty and downloaded the bootleg after seeing the IMDB fuss but I'm gonna import a copy when I have the moolah
Once a month I go to the torrent sites and ask them to remove HORRORS OF WAR. Like I said, it's not a good bootleg. It's a PAL conversion to DivX codec without our final edit or sound mix. It's a horrid way to see the movie from the bootleg.
pdj
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by pdj »

We'll done mate- good luck to ya
Ornsack

Re: HORRORS OF WAR on DVD in Japan

Post by Ornsack »

Saw this in the new releases in HMV the other week and shed a tear of joy.
sonnyboo

Post by sonnyboo »

Ornsack wrote:Saw this in the new releases in HMV the other week and shed a tear of joy.
Yeah, as ZOMBIES OF WAR... I can't believe it's finally out in the UK!

My first feature film HORRORS OF WAR just got released in the UK as ZOMBIES OF WAR!

It's always a surreal experience when your movie comes out in the UK and no on thought to tell the producers, directors, or anyone involved...

Also, yet again I cannot stress to them that the blue cover with armies of zombies looks cool, but is horribly wrong for our movie. The old way of getting their money for the rental and laughing to the bank doesn't work in the information age of the Internet. Every review says they feel ripped off by the cover, thus letting people know, not endearing the public towards the movie, and creating bad buzz. Changing the name to "ZOMBIES OF WAR" makes sense. They are cashing in on ZOMBIELAND, etc. and the zomie film movement, etc. even though it is more of what Quentin Tarantino referred to as the Italian filmmaking "Infected People" syndrome, not zombies per se.

It's out in another country! Getting the movie out there is always a good thing. Oh well, yet another DVD version of my movie for my collection.
Ornsack

Post by Ornsack »

It stood proudly at the front of the shop in the 'New Releases' section for a week, and that doesn't happen to many non-mainstream movies.

Do you get any money from the film now? How is it doing sales-wise?
sonnyboo

Post by sonnyboo »

Ornsack wrote:It stood proudly at the front of the shop in the 'New Releases' section for a week, and that doesn't happen to many non-mainstream movies.

Do you get any money from the film now? How is it doing sales-wise?

That's way cool. Someone emailed me to tell me it was #19 of the top selling DVD for a week at HMV at Piccadilly Circus in January.

The business transactions are somewhat confidential, but the movie has made money. I can say that.
Gyro
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Gyro »

Well then, the real question is... what's next?
@seanbagley
sonnyboo

Post by sonnyboo »

Gyro wrote:Well then, the real question is... what's next?
I am working on another feature called ACCIDENTAL ART. I made the first 6 minutes of it and it's released as a short to the film festival circuit now.

The short film version is playing at

BEVERLY HILLS FILM FESTIVAL on March 21

INTERNATIONAL SHORT FILM FESTIVAL OF INDIA on March 22nd

GULF FILM FESTIVAL in Dubai in April

MAGMA SHORT FILM FESTIVAL in New Zealand in May