ROSTOV - The Feature - DOWNLOAD - Military/Sci-fi/Arthouse

This forum is for announcing and discussing your films.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Lawriejaffa
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

ROSTOV - The Feature - DOWNLOAD - Military/Sci-fi/Arthouse

Post by Lawriejaffa »

Hi guys!

Okay, so here is Rostov, its a full feature film, its free lol, its er documentary in style and effect. Its really a very weird film so i'll tell you a bit about it so you don't have to download it if u hate the sound of it! It was also a strange film to make :)

Basically this was an experimental film i made ages ago, prescribing to the style of 'method-filmmaking' which saw actors improvise while in general directed through the storyline. The storyline could change depending on what the characters did, and who in fact lived or died! This meant that in progression, the film could have ended in any way.

The improvisational nature meant sadly that pre-setups for shots etc, was impossible and so there are massive compromises in what would otherwise be expected in an ordinary film.

Imagine this as 'big brother' lol but set in... the soviet union. While this was used as inspiration for the actors only modest attempts were made to dress anything. (costumes mainly) tho the actors could if they want interpret their characters in any way.

In all what im saying is, this is a very weird film, and if ur into 'movies' then you'll probably hate it (and its okay to hate it)
However, as an improvisational exercise (which the film was) it did prove a great challenge to the actors (all students of varying levels) and the complete lack of prediction for the characters made it very interesting, and perhaps insightful for you directors out there!

Yet there are some killin's and scary bits (some) but as i say, its an arthouse film. Finally one last cool thing - the film did prove popular (suprising me enormously) at a regional festival that played in Fife, (that version was all subtitled, this version is partially) *shrugs* - but more as an experiment not as a great movie!! lol obviously

Watch it in the dark, and if it seems slow just compare it to any moving image work by andy warhol

www.newagefilm.co.uk/ROSTOVTHEMOVIE.wmv