"Fanboy" video by me.

This forum is for announcing and discussing your films.

Moderator: Moderator Team

poonhead

"Fanboy" video by me.

Post by poonhead »

Hey boys, I haven't posted in at least a year, probably more, but I thought I'd update you all with my most recent project, "Fanboy." I made it entirely by myself, even duct-taped the camera to my ceiling a couple times. Hope you like it.
*Warning - it's pretty gory & gross*
Just scroll down to "Watch the video."

http://www.adambrooks.net/videos.html
UFProductions
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

RE: "Fanboy" video by me.

Post by UFProductions »

That was good, chock full of f ucked-up, but good nonetheless. However, I think "Ow" is a slight under-reaction to pulling one's own eye out. Good work, particulairly with the artwork at the end.
Zac
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Zac »

I loved it! thats the goryest bloodiest movie i've seen on here.
i thought it looked good with the hand wriggling in your mouth and wondered how you did it until i realised that it was one of those battery opperated hands, ( i think). the only bad part was when he first saw his clone or whatever in the mirror, and it suddenly jumped back to him moving independintly (i cant spell okay). but all the blood effects made up for that.
I like you, when the world is mine, your death shall be quick and painless.
ctbullet
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by ctbullet »

that was absouletly disgusting,

a mean clever for cutting carrotts!!

but other than that it was cool, impressive effects
Our Combat Years: In production
[img]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a69/ct_bullet/wolfvisionpbanner2.jpg[/img]
http://wolfvisionp.tripod.com
Recogged

Post by Recogged »

Ah, that's filmmaking after my own heart ...good sfx + lighting, a tough watch at times (i.e. the hand coming out of the mouth) but excellent job.
You must have had fun cleaning up the sink afterwards. :roll:
DarkElastic
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Fanboy

Post by DarkElastic »

I enjoyed that, well done. The film was different and weird - just what most of us like on here - and the music suited it perfectly. Your acting was mostly very good. The blood was great.

I didn't like the jump that deleted the man in the mirror from the scene, nor, the sound effects of laughing - obviously taken from a free sound FX site - it did not suit the movements of his face.

I would rate that 9 out of 10. Congrats.

p.s. Where did the name come from?
O. M. G.

Orkney Movie Group
www.orkneymoviegroup.co.uk
poonhead

Post by poonhead »

Thanks a lot fellas, I appreciate the feedback.
That's funny that you think I downloaded the laughing. It was actually my own evil laugh reversed. It is reversed because most of the evil reflection is also reversed to help the creepiness.
The title comes from what kind of short it is... a fanboy kind of short. That is to say it doesn't really have a story, or any kind of character development, just a bunch of moments that aren't very original but appealing none the less to fanboys such as myself.
Two of you said you don't like when the evil reflection just disappears, but I stand by that choice. There is a soundeffect to emphasize the fact that it's not a mistake. And although it is hokey, the whole thing's hokey.
It was a battery operated hand that I painted, but for one shot it was a plastic, monstery glove painted up to resemble the robot hand.
Cleaning up the sink was no fun, and I had to do it about 7 times, cause I shot over a week.
The Cleaver is cool, it's Japanese and works very well - in real life I mean.
"Ow" is probably not what you'd say after pulling out your eye, I agree. However it is kind of funny.
I wrote and recorded the music with a friend of mine in less than 3 hours. It was supposed to be one of those cheesy all synth scores that you'd find in an 80's horror movie.
Theshapecool
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Theshapecool »

Looks like the next Bruce Campbell and Sam Raimi rolled into one! Exellent film, had me laughing, Cringing and actually glued, great music too. I could tell some of the music as it sounded like something off my keyboard that I would do for a film (yamaha psr-220 (i think)) I loved it! Great nods to some great films and the make up
effects were fantastic, well done poohead! If only you had a better name than poohead!
Id like to see that guy come back as a zombie in a sequel!
Great stuff!
Sledge Films Ltd, 'Independent film making since 2003'

www.RussDiaper.com

'This House is sacred to him, he has all his memories here, HIS RAGE!'
Kellockx

Post by Kellockx »

That was great, i like to see more horror here.
Looks like you're a Evil Dead fan, the hand and your evil self in the mirror. :D

The music reminded me a little of Phantasm.
http://www.goolockx.be