Short Preview for Possible Upcoming Short Film

This forum is for announcing and discussing your films.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Skanza

Short Preview for Possible Upcoming Short Film

Post by Skanza »

Well I've come back from the summer and wanted to shoot something, so I found a balaclava and a pistol, and really this is what I came up in 3 minutes.

Just ignore the titles. I may if I feel like it, turn it into a story.

With Muzzle Flashes
Last edited by Skanza on Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
angusware
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by angusware »

That wasn't great... what was the point? The guys walking seemed a bit weird too, very casual considering what he was about to do...
music didn't really fit although I guess you were going for ironic music considering the content!
Skanza

Post by Skanza »

angusware wrote:That wasn't great... what was the point? The guys walking seemed a bit weird too, very casual considering what he was about to do...
music didn't really fit although I guess you were going for ironic music considering the content!
There really was no point in this, just was bored.

I updated the above video with muzzle flashes.
Ornsack

Post by Ornsack »

angusware wrote:music didn't really fit
In your 'play by the Hollywood rules' world, maybe! I though the music choice was highly original and a genius choice!

As for the actual film, there wasn't much point in loading it here 'cus there isn't much else to comment on!
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loFABl-1Zcw]THE SALESMAN - YouTube[/url]
maj_barnes
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by maj_barnes »

I liked it- I don't know if it's just the camera, or how that house is colored but it looked very visually interesting. Muzzle flashes need to be cropped down to one frame.
Skanza

Post by Skanza »

maj_barnes wrote:I liked it- I don't know if it's just the camera, or how that house is colored but it looked very visually interesting. Muzzle flashes need to be cropped down to one frame.
Thanks for the suggestion.

Yea I dunno, but the concept of hand held 'shaky' camera / cinema verité appeals to me. I could have done nice easy pans, etc.

And long takes, shoulder shots I feel helps capture the reality, and momentum.

I will have to incorporate this into a larger story though one day.

As for the music, well I had a look at some more intense sounds, and royalty free ones. However I believed this soundtrack was quite ironic, and plays on the characters ability to take the life of anyone in his hands.
Vor
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Vor »

i liked it a lot. the music was nice, especially where he says "he's got the little bitty baby-" and it cuts to his hand with the gun, that was cool.

oh yeah, and Pen Island? Penis Land? :shock: