sundance short film

This forum is for announcing and discussing your films.

Moderator: Moderator Team

TheMalteseJob

sundance short film

Post by TheMalteseJob »

I'm going to be submitting a short film this year to the sundance film festival (Really starting to panic as we still have to finish filming and editing and recording music and it must be there by September 7th).

Anyway I put together some of the clips to some music of finding neverland just to show the 2 acting in it how its looking so far. Just thought I'd share it here.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 0864947484
Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

RE: sundance short film

Post by Kentertainment »

As long as you have enough footage to where the judges can view the film and piece together what is going on you should be fine. A lot of films people send to Sundance are sent as rough cuts and then they work on a final cut. Sometimes people don't get the final exhibition copy finished with editing until the week before the festival.
TheMalteseJob

Post by TheMalteseJob »

Yeah, but I guess itll be better for them to see the whole thing if possible. Has anybody here ever tried to enter a film in sundance?
Ornsack

Post by Ornsack »

Looking good though!

Not sure if it needs to be 4 minutes long. Even scanning through the whole thing over 5 seconds shows a lot of similar shots
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loFABl-1Zcw]THE SALESMAN - YouTube[/url]
TheMalteseJob

Post by TheMalteseJob »

hehe yeah I had made that before I had filmed most of the scenes but I didnt want to cut the song short so I basically had to put a lot of shots from the same scene :p
Ornsack

Post by Ornsack »

:D

I suffer from a similar thing. But what usually happens is that we cut it a lot shorter against our will, and it turns out better
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loFABl-1Zcw]THE SALESMAN - YouTube[/url]
Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: RE: sundance short film

Post by Kentertainment »

TheMalteseJob wrote:Has anybody here ever tried to enter a film in sundance?
I went to the festival last year and plan on going again this year, although, I have considered entering. A lot of the stories I hear about the short filmmakers is they really don't think they'll get in but they enter anyways and manage to get accepted. I really don't think I stand a chance and that may be a good sign.
TheMalteseJob

RE: Re: RE: sundance short film

Post by TheMalteseJob »

I wish I could go, you're really lucky to live in Utah. Well I too don't think I stand a chance but you never know... Do you know where I can see some old sundance shorts? The ones on the official website have been disabled.
TheMalteseJob

RE: Re: RE: sundance short film

Post by TheMalteseJob »

anyone got any comments on how the shots look? (that's really all you can judge from this video)
TheMalteseJob

Post by TheMalteseJob »

last bump I promise! but no comments? :(