What's Wrong With You Trailer! (page 2)

This forum is for announcing and discussing your films.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

What's Wrong With You Trailer! (page 2)

Post by Kentertainment »

This is the official production thread for our newest short film What's Wrong With You?!

Synopsis:
Phil is about to take a bizarre, but seemingly normal journey into the mind of his friend Harvey whose feeling a little depressed. After bottling in all his misfortune, he attempts to take his life by ironically jumping in front of Phil’s car. Now Phil and another acquaintance, Marty, plan to confront and intervene with Harvey’s choices, but along the way, the three will realize what their friendship is really about.

We began filming in May but had to take a filming hiatus because where we rent our equipment needed it all until the end of July. We are finishing up filming early August.

Here is a clip from the film and will have some color correction applied later into post-production. The quality is obviously poor due to compression.

Kentertainment Website
YouTube
Myspace Video
Last edited by Kentertainment on Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:29 am, edited 7 times in total.
maj_barnes
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

RE: What

Post by maj_barnes »

That caught me by surprise. Looking good. Site's looking even better as well.
Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Kentertainment »

Not your guy's cup of tea, eh?
pdj
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by pdj »

Nice work fellas..looks interesting. I especially like the dryish humor. Any injuries when filming the car scene?

Looking forward to the final release!
Ornsack

Re: RE: What

Post by Ornsack »

Kentertainment wrote:Not your guy's cup of tea, eh?
Think it's just a case of clips not going down well on here, especially if people get the impression of a dialogue clip.

I win though because I commented on the actual YouTube page before noticing it on here (which I did about 3 seconds ago and couldn't believe the thread was that old)

Yeah.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loFABl-1Zcw]THE SALESMAN - YouTube[/url]
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

RE: Re: RE: What

Post by foxwood »

I'll check it out afterwork if I can pull myself away from battlestar, and that is an interstingly framed still you go there.
pdj
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

RE: Re: RE: What

Post by pdj »

Looks like most like being served a cold cup of tea.. try something new-
DEDFX
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by DEDFX »

It looked like a comedy to me, I still don't know the genre of the movie. If the kid was serious about killing himself why would he choose running into a street, if it is serious have his friend at least walk into his house because he didn't answer the door and walked into his room being hung or something. If it's a comedy I wasted my time writing this.
Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Kentertainment »

Sorry to say but you did waste you time writing that. This is a dark comedy so I'm taking something a little serious here, in this case suicide and teen depression, and putting some dry-humor in it. We actually started filming this in May but due to equipment rental difficulties we couldn't get a hold of equipment until this weekend so we started filming again today. Unfortunately we ran into weather problems, which is okay for me because it's rare for extremely-super-massive downpours to occur in Utah and that made happy. So tomorrow we are filming a 5-hour day and on Saturday we are filming a 10-hour day and then we'll need one more day to finish up. So I should have some sort of trailer up soon and I'm aiming at getting the film completed sometime in September but because I'm starting College soon, it might take a while to get this finished. I'll be honest with you, it is a dialogue film but I am pretty certain if you actually watch it you should enjoy it.
Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Kentertainment »

Here are a few on-set photography shots from filming that occurred on Saturday.

Script Supervisor Tyler W. reviews what we are filming and what needs filming

Dixon gets the boom-mic pointed at him so we can pick up premium sound.

I review Gyro's cinematography on the dolly shot to make sure it looks as I want it to.

We are very near finish, we plan to film close-ups of one of our characters in all the intervention dialogue scenes on Friday and do a few other things on the apartment exterior location with two of our characters. Then on Saturday we wrap up by filming all the wide shots of interventions scenes and the other characters close-ups.
Lawriejaffa
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Lawriejaffa »

Good for you lads, you all seem like your having a lot of fun and theres obvious effort going behind the production (despite the very limited resources you probably have in your disposal!)
maj_barnes
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by maj_barnes »

You guys are too professional for me. :P
Zacatac927
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Zacatac927 »

what are you using for a mic?
@Zacatac927

www.vimeo.com/zac927
Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Kentertainment »

maj_barnes wrote:You guys are too professional for me. :P
Yes, it is good to have the amount of equipment we have but in the end, it doesn't matter how well production value is...just as long as the story is good and delivered well.
Zacatac927 wrote:what are you using for a mic?
It's a definite made-for-film boom mic, I'm not sure what brand or model because we rent all our equipment out, but we are getting it back Friday - Monday so I'll take a look.
Gyro
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Gyro »

Sennheisen, or however you spell it.
@seanbagley
maj_barnes
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by maj_barnes »

Yes, it is good to have the amount of equipment we have but in the end, i
Not really that, but f*** script supervisor, cinematographer, boom mic operator, gaffer, etc.
Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Kentertainment »

Ah I see...the only reason we have a script supervisor is because he helped me write the script so he knows it pretty well. I am in an filmmaking apprenticeship program so I know quite a few people with deep interest in filmmaking who are always willing to help out in any way and that is why we have so many people to do so many jobs. I must say it is actually a lot easier on my behalf...I like it a lot, and nobody is angry with doing the work so I can't complain.
Gyro
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Gyro »

Yeah, the only one who gets angry on set is... nevermind.
@seanbagley
Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Kentertainment »

I'm not angry, I'm frustrated, and don't tell me you've never been frustrated when trying to make a film. It's really stressful when you spend all this time planning on making a film and then all of the sudden you can't rent out equipment for two months and when you finally can your actors become sick or would rather wait to get a scene done because they want to go eat food when they could easily get the scene done within five minutes. Then, after they eat, their stomach isn't feeling well so they no longer want to do the scene. AHHHHHHHH!
Lawriejaffa
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Lawriejaffa »

The only way to get around that eventually is to hire professional actors (and even then you have to find 'professionally' behaved professional actors if you get my drift!)

Thats the evolution from amatuer volanteer film - i know it because i desperately want to 'evolve' so my casts are better, act better etc.

Problem is without pay (and sometimes rarely with hehe) people just don't treat it like the job it is. So i understand your problems as i suffer them too.

If i do a corporate video the folks are on time - don't complain - work hard etc - then i make a creative film with volanteers and it's like complete chaos!

In the UK professional actors and their union mean to hire them costs approximately $800 a day. Virtually ever actor outside college joins the union - however of course any actor in that union (any i meant most sorry) are usually impovershed and will work for less if you can get around their agent etc.

Can be a problem in the UK though when it comes to marketing your 'feature' commercially as the union will track you down and ask 'was this a union film' and if not - then BANG they kick your a** and black list you etc.

Oh what a nuisance!
Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Kentertainment »

Lawriejaffa wrote:If i do a corporate video the folks are on time - don't complain - work hard etc - then i make a creative film with volanteers and it's like complete chaos!
The people who work with me on every film and love to make films with me are always late to set (I just send out call sheets via e-mail and give them a phone reminder) and unprepared. I then have an actor who has only worked with us briefly twice and he's a character with about 3 lines and for the rest of the film just plays with a Rubik's Cube (which Seven Towns LTD. gave us rights to use). He is always on time and always prepared. Even I was late to the set one time and he was there waiting.
Lawriejaffa
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Lawriejaffa »

Yep set lateness is the hallmark i think of zero paid micro budget films but we're a bit powerless eh. I mean if your late for a job you get fired - and no money. So i think people think they can take the p*** a bit (not in a bad way obviously) though its consequences are bad for production!!) Ich but what are we to do?

I mean my company consists of filmmakers yep (and we work together on corporate stuff) and use the mula to buy gear (like the stuff we pine about here) and fund our films - so there not late to each others films because there used to the corporate work and time keeping etc - however..... any other volanteers usually are hehe
Gyro
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Gyro »

I had a film teacher tell me once that on the film set "If you're early you're on time, if you're on time, you're late, and if you're late, you're fired."
@seanbagley
Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Kentertainment »

Just for updates, we wrapped up principle-photography on Saturday and now the film is being editing. Afterwards I'll be color correcting to my liking and then scoring it. I'm done with the trailer but I have to color correct what clips I've put into it.
Gyro
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Gyro »

ooooh.
@seanbagley