El Burrito de la Muerte - re-cut version

This forum is for announcing and discussing your films.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

El Burrito de la Muerte - re-cut version

Post by Kentertainment »

To you newer members I created this film El Burrito de la Muerte last year around April and had it online for quite a while so here it is to you guys. Let me know what you think...

A while ago some Comcast type television show in San Fransisco contacted me when they saw this film on Google Video. The show spotlights independent film work and they wanted to use some of this film on their show but regrettably I wasn't able to let them because I used commercial music. One day as I was looking through all the tapes I had and organizing them I came across all the footage to this and thought about re-editing it with better visuals (cause it was rather dark) and cleaner cuts (we edited in a hurry because it was a multimedia class project) and then sending a copy to the show without music. So for the past couple of months I've been re-editing and finally it is finished.

As I said, courtesy of Magic Bullet, the visuals are a lot more crisp and better, and the cuts aren't as harsh. You may not realize it but I actually took out more than I put in but there is quite a bit of new stuff that pops in during dialogue so it's not very distinguishable. So let me know what you think and enjoy!

YouTube Version
Myspace Version

P.S. Subscribe to my YouTube channel or add me as your friend if you like what you see...just saying. :wink:
kene555
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

RE: El Burrito de la Muerte - re-cut version

Post by kene555 »

hah! Is it just me, or does the addiction moderator look sort of like george clooney?

CREATE FOR THE SAKE OF CREATING

http://www.neighborhoodstudios.com
Zacatac927
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: RE: El Burrito de la Muerte - re-cut version

Post by Zacatac927 »

kene555 wrote:hah! Is it just me, or does the addiction moderator look sort of like george clooney?

LOL!!!!
Gyro
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

RE: Re: RE: El Burrito de la Muerte - re-cut version

Post by Gyro »

I've been compared to a British boy band member before on this site, but never to Time's Sexiest Man Alive. Thanks, bro. Haha.
@seanbagley
kene555
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by kene555 »

I've been compared to a British boy band member before on this site, but never to Time's Sexiest Man Alive. Thanks, bro. Haha.
That's you?

lol
CREATE FOR THE SAKE OF CREATING

http://www.neighborhoodstudios.com
Gyro
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Gyro »

Yes.
@seanbagley
tecmeister

Post by tecmeister »

Maybe.
Vor
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Vor »

Nah, he's more like luke wilson in that movie.
Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Kentertainment »

That's great...now about the movie...
maj_barnes
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by maj_barnes »

God I love this film. It does look alot better. The beginning meeting seemed much more prompt, dialogue much more snappy with the quick edits: cattle prod- BAM! Nice. Color correction did look nice, especially the outside stuff. All the stuff I liked before is still there: that car movement is still one of the best I've seen here, and the edit from the gun peni5 to the 'stang with that music is so damn cool. And the rest of the music...

I remembered before having the main character's inner thoughts before getting the burrito: I thought this needed it. Without it it seemed like he just lies to the group. I know before the muzzles flashes looked like cr**, but the lack of them makes it look just as bad.
Ornsack

Re: RE: Re: RE: El Burrito de la Muerte - re-cut version

Post by Ornsack »

Gyro wrote:I've been compared to a British boy band member before on this site, but never to Time's Sexiest Man Alive. Thanks, bro. Haha.
For some reason I reckon I find someone who looks like you about once a month

Can't watch the film now but will take a look tomorrow morning :D
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loFABl-1Zcw]THE SALESMAN - YouTube[/url]
Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Kentertainment »

maj_barnes wrote:I remembered before having the main character's inner thoughts before getting the burrito: I thought this needed it. Without it it seemed like he just lies to the group. I know before the muzzles flashes looked like cr**, but the lack of them makes it look just as bad.
Yeah, he questions if one burrito can really hurt him and his doctor tells him if he eats one more he'll die. I took it out because it just didn't flow very well with me...the joke was as he's thinking he's really parking his car but like I said...it just didn't flow well with me. I took the flashes out because I just couldn't get them looking good and I figured I probably shouldn't stress too badly over them, I've never been great with the flashes and I don't do that much action stuff to get any better.

Also...thanks for them kind words Barnes.
Gyro
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Gyro »

maj_barnes wrote:I remembered before having the main character's inner thoughts before getting the burrito: I thought this needed it. Without it it seemed like he just lies to the group..
I freakin' told you Kenny, that was the best part of the film!
@seanbagley
maj_barnes
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by maj_barnes »

and the edit from the gun peni5 to the
Is there some kind of word filter there? I remember typing in peni5.

Edit:

f***! Co.ck. I guess there is a word filter. Wait. To chamber a round into your gun, you must first peni5 the gun. haha!
Last edited by maj_barnes on Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zacatac927
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Zacatac927 »

maj_barnes wrote: gun peni5

i saw that too... had me wondering for a while

lol!