Matrix Prequel

This forum is for announcing and discussing your films.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Almondo99
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Matrix Prequel

Post by Almondo99 »

Although it would have been nice to have an original story, to get back into filmaking again (I've taken a half year break for school and such) I'm making a "prequel" to the the first Matrix. The basic plotline is complete fiction, and probably won't be 100% accurate to the Matrix Trilogy, but it basically is an alternate idea of how Neo became a hacker. He meets the Oracle, a different version of Smith and Trinity, and there will of course be fights, as crazy as I can make them. I'll post the script if anyone is interested, and the finished movie if anyone is interested and if I can figure out how to put it on the web (don't really want to use youtube). It is also being completed, from script to filming, in about 2 weeks, and will be edited and finished over the Summer (hopefully). If anyone really knows alot of the background of the Matrix or wants to add suggestions to the story in progress feel free; thanks.
The Illuminated | The Matrix Revalations
-Production | Pre-production
F.F.F.

RE: Matrix Prequel

Post by F.F.F. »

Sounds good.
Nba185

Post by Nba185 »

yup its good. but it will be tough
myspace.com/minshproductions
myspace.com/minsh_com

Selling adobe softwares. PM for more info.
ctbullet
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by ctbullet »

its gonna be a tricky one, you may upset some true fans, but screw them, go for it

i'm intrigued to see how you interpret it
Our Combat Years: In production
[img]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a69/ct_bullet/wolfvisionpbanner2.jpg[/img]
http://wolfvisionp.tripod.com
Vor
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Vor »

this is really weird....yesterday i was mowing the dang lawn and i was thinking about movies with a main hero and what their lives would be like before the movie, it started with star wars and i ended up thinking about neo from the matrix.
Almondo99
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Almondo99 »

Thanks for the replies, Vor that's a strange coincidence lol. I'll post a basic synopsis on the Scripts Forum and when I finish the script I'll post that too. The full title is
"The Matrix Revalations" and it features Smith as a teenager. The story went downhill from there...
tecmeister

Post by tecmeister »

Sounds pretty good dude. You should do it and it will kick a**.
Vor
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Vor »

Is it possible for Smith to have existed as a teenager? I imagined him as always being that same age, being a program and all. Like it would be neat if you found an actor who was somewhere around that build and age, and he could appear kinda in the shadows, not full fledged shadow coverage but like the face is somewhat dimmed and you can kinda make out the suit, you can defiantly make out sunglasses and the ear piece and he could just kinda appear like that and the first time he appears people are like "Oh dang! That's
Agent Smith!" you know?
Almondo99
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Almondo99 »

Well, I was thinking that since programs can be created and deleted, why couldn't an alternate Smith program be created, to attack Neo when he's the weakest? It's not completely accurate to the Matrix Trilogy, but I don't really care.
Vor
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Vor »

Well I mean if that's the case, making a younger Smith won't help them any more than a normal one would.